16. Say Nice Things to Me

Author's Note: Here's a nice frustrating chapter for you all on this lovely Saturday. 

16. Say Nice Things to Me

When Mitch woke up, he had no idea where he was.

His neck was stiff, and his tailbone hurt from sleeping sitting up.

He felt the familiar sensation of arms wrapped around him.

Scott's apartment. Confessions and explanations. Noah. Hurting. Comforting.

Kisses.

Vanilla and cedar.

Scott Hoying.

He opened his eyes and nearly screamed when his eyes met icy blue.

"Shh, don't want to wake him up."

Fake Scott leaned back from his position on the coffee table, where he had been perched, watching the two of them sleep where they had dozed the night before.

"I'm cuter when I sleep," the hallucination pondered aloud. Mitch turned to look at the sleeping form wrapped around him.

Scott Hoying looked perfect. Mitch narrowed his eyes. "In your dreams," he whispered.

The hallucination snickered. "You sure do switch sides quickly, don't you? Yeah, I suppose you're right, though. He looks pretty cute."

Fake Scott leaned forward, eyeing Scott Hoying with a fond smile gracing his lips.

Then, he reached forward, slapping him across the face.

Scott flew upwards, blinking awake, as Fake Scott cackled with laughter.

Mitch tried to wrap his head around what had happened. Had he slapped him? The porcelain skin was already turning red as the blond opened his eyes, rubbing it.

"Sorry, sorry. I startled myself awake. Didn't mean to elbow you," Mitch lied, swiftly. Fake Scott began to laugh harder as Mitch reached out, rubbing Scott's skin softly.

"Morning, sleepy heads!" Rozzi greeted as she entered the living room holding two mugs. "Thought you two could use a congratulatory coffee this morning."

"Congratulations for...?" Mitch asked, trying his best to ignore the large, blond distraction in the corner of the room who wouldn't go away. He shot him a glare.

"For finding your way back to each other. For working it out. For breaking up with Noah. That's really what I'm most excited about," she replied, and dipped back into the kitchen, returning with her own mug in hand. "Cheers to no more assholes trying to steal Scott away and bring him across the country."

Fake Scott snarled in the corner, and Mitch choked on his first sip.

"Sorry, hot," he lied again, wiping his mouth.

"So, what's up with you two anyway? You looked pretty cozy last night." Rozzi asked.

Scott sat up, and Mitch shifted to give him more room to stretch out his long arms and legs. "One thing at a time, Roz. Calm it down," Scott teased, sounding sleepy.

Mitch watched as the other man rubbed his eyes. Sleepy Scott was his favorite, he decided. His eyes were somehow even softer, which warmed Mitch's heart. He eyed the bruising around his throat, clenching his fists. How could anyone want to hurt him...?

"Tell Mitch that. He looks like he wants to marry you right here on this couch," Rozzi teased as she watched Mitch.

"Shut up," Mitch quipped, sticking out his tongue as a flush crept across his cheeks.