23. I Want to Push You Around

Author's Note: Here's a crazy and very important chapter for you all on this lovely Saturday. Let me know what you think?

23. I Want to Push You Around

"Mitch? Can I come in?"

Mitch's eyes widened for a moment, an action that mirrored Scott's, as they lay tangled up on his twin bed two days later.

"Of course," he called, sitting up in bed and putting his book to the side, just in time for Dr. Chastain to enter.

She had never visited him in his room before.

"Hi, Mitch. Is he... is he here?"

He wasn't sure why she looked so uneasy. Scott's eyes narrowed at her.

"Yes. He's right there." He pointed to the end of his bed, and Scott glared daggers at him.

"Okay. Hi, Scott," she greeted, surprising him.

"Hi, dumb bitch," Scott replied with feigned politeness.

"He says hello," Mitch lied, smiling sheepishly.

"Come on in, hun," Dr. Chastain called behind her, and the door opened again.

Mitch's eyes widened as Scott Hoying entered the room. Mitch hopped off of his bed, coming closer, surveying the man in front of him.

He hadn't spoken to him since he... he...

Tortured him.

"You shouldn't have come." He turned to Dr. Chastain. "He shouldn't have come. You're putting him in danger, don't you see that?"

But Scott was silent, looking at him with a determined gaze.

"I gave him the letter, just as you asked," Dr. Chastain said.

"Bringing him here afterwards wasn't part of the agreement," Mitch argued. She turned to face the blond, ignoring Mitch's angry tone.

"Ready, Scott?" Dr. Chastain asked. Scott nodded, looking exhausted but angry. The door shut, leaving the two of them behind.

Well... the three of them.

His Scott barreled towards them and stopped short in front of the real one. "What the hell is going on? Mitch, something is wrong. They're trying to do something to you," he mumbled.

"What's going on?" Mitch asked, turning to look into Scott Hoying's eyes.

"I want to talk to Scott," he replied, the beautiful blue eyes fixated in front of him.

"Tell him to go fuck himself," his Scott growled, backing up beneath his gaze.

"He doesn't want to talk to you."

"I don't care. He's going to have to," Scott Hoying replied with a threatening tone. Mitch's eyes narrowed. "Where is he?"

Scott Hoying suddenly moved towards the window, using a security key to open it wide. "Sorry. I'm getting overheated, already."

"Why are you here, Scott?" Mitch asked.

"Because you shouldn't be in here anymore. If Fake Scott was gone-."

"My Scott." The words left his lips before they could catch them. Scott Hoying's eyes flashed with pain.

"If your Scott was gone, you'd be out of here already. So I'm here to find out why the hell he won't leave you alone."

"I won't leave him alone because I don't have to," the hallucination growled, stepping closer to the man by the window. "You hate the idea that he loves me again, don't you? Face it. I won. He doesn't want a broken man like you."