chapter 4.

Chapter 4.

"Will you answer some questions?", I sighed.

"Of course", my father nodded.

"If Im 17 then why cant I just stay here?".

"Because we love you and need you with us. Vampire or not, youre still my baby", Mom.

"Why cant dad just move? Its him thats going to be working there so why do we have to go?".

"I really want to go sweetie... And Leo's had enough of the bullies round here and wants to clear his head", Mom sighed, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Wow... I didnt know he was even getting bullied", I mumbled.

"Whats that?".

"Nothing... I have somewhere I need to be". I darted off to my room and closed the door... And cried...

I texted everyone to tell them I needed to talk to them. We decided to meet at the Grill. When I got there, theyd booked out the whole place and they stood in the centre of the room surrounded by balloons. "Your mom texted me to tell me youre moving. I told the others", Elena sighed.

"Wait wheres Damon?", I asked.

"At home... Sorry Marissa",.Stefan replied appologetically.

"Would it be rude if I totally bailed and went to see Damon? I'll come back though", I asked the group. They all shook their heads understandingly. And then I drove off to the Salvatore house. When I entered, Damon was downing a glass of bourbon or scotch. "Hi", I breathed. "Look. Im sorry I didnt show up at the Grill but Id rather do this in private", He sighed, placing his crystal glass on the table and walking towards me. "I love you Marissa... And I never want to be apart from you... But if you have to leave for a year then theres nothing I can do about it. I'll visit you when I can if your mom and dad say its okay for me to stay at yours for a couple nights... If not I'll get a hotel or something". Before my beautiful boyfriend could say anymore, I was in his arms. "C'mon. Come meet the guys with me. We can have a party!", I grinned.

More and more people turned up as the night went on, to say goodbye. "Thanks Caroline... For the party. And before you ask how I know you organised it, be serious. Would you even have let anyone else do it!", I smiled. Caroline grabbed me and hugged me... The party was great except for all the tears! The perfect way to say goodbye.

I stood for a bit in my empty room. Without all my posters and pictures it looked so bare. I only had furniture left in the room. Damon wrapped his arms around me. "Im thinking about starting to drive up later so I can stay with you and leave Sunday night... Youre parents are fine with it", he smiled. I nodded. "Sweetie lets go! All your stuff is on the moving van and you need to drive along behind it in your car. Im riding with you", Dad called from downstairs. I said my last goodbye to Damon at the front door and waved to him as we drove out of the driveway and onto the main road. 'Thank You For Visiting Mystic Falls. We Hope To See You Soon', I read the sign as we drove past, a single tear escaping and rolling down my cheek. I SO couldnt wait to read the 'Welcome To Mystic Falls' sign again when I finally got home again... 'Home'... Got a nice ring to it dont you think?..

[AN: Sorry if this is a bit boring, mostly dialogue. I wanted this to be quite an emotional chapter and thats why theres no witty banter etc... Let me know what youre thinking so far, Im kind of getting into the swing of it again:)! Well.Id like to dedicate this chapter to all my fans and if youre reading this, thank you! I love you all so much! Oh and Happy New Year!]