chapter 10.

Chapter 10.

"Hey Marissa. Do you love this Kol guy?", Elena pondered. "Um... Well no. Hes amazing and all but no", I decided after a moment. I mean sure we got on well and I could talk to him so easily but I wasnt ready to drop any L-bombs as far as he was concerned. "Then whats the problem? Why arent you and Damon together if a guy kissed you that you dont even love and we all know that you obviously love Damon?", Bonnie sighed. "I dont know... Damon just seemed so hurt... I honestly hae not clue. I know I could have stopped the kiss and I shouldnt of kissed Kol back but isnt it better that I realise now that I dont feel that way about him rather than having more than a kiss with him later? Because then Id just hurt them both! Kol because I dont love him and Damon because of what I did...", I shrugged. And I meant every word of what I said. Bonnie and Caroline looked at Elena as if trying to force her to say something. "Spit it out. Cmon just get it over with", I demanded. "When you were away... Something changed between Damon and me...", Elena began carefully, "We kissed". Well whatever I had been expecting it wasnt that. Why was Damon mad at me when he was also off lip-locking with someone else?! "I need air", I finally said before getting up and walking outside. And I sat on the patio and cried.

"Marissa?", a male voice asked. I looked up to see my best friend Matt Donovan before me. "Matt!", I gasped, "I cant believe I forgot to tell you I was back!", I flung my arms around him and he hugged me back. We stood this way for what felt like a lifetime before pulling apart. "I heard", was all he said before ceasing me and hugging me again. God I loved Matt. He was the only trustworthy person left in the entire town. And just so we're clear I just meant I love him not that Im in love with him. "C'mon. Im taking you to see Damon", Matt smiled shyly. I grinned brightly up at him. Since it was warm and we werent that far away, we walked to the Grill where Ric said he was. We didnt talk most of the way but it wasnt awkward or anything. Matt being such a gentleman as always, sat outside in his truck to wait on me (it was parked there because he'd left it there after his shift). I walked into the Grill and located Damon instantly. I sat on the barstool next to him. "Hi", I breathed. Damon glanced up from his empty shot glass to look at me before turning away again almost instantly. "I erm... Well I... I dont quite know how to say this... I um... I dont love Kol okay? I love you. Always have always will", I began. He turned to look at me now. He didnt say anything, he simply kissed me gently. "But what about you and Elena?", I frowned. "I dont love Elena. I love you. Always have always will", he smiled warmly. I burst into tears and wrapped my arms round him. This is where home is. Damon is my home.