Christmas Fluff

A/N: I know it's not Christmas yet but I wrote some Christmas fluff anyhow and idgaf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Christmas Eve. Booette absent-mindedly ran her thumb over the handle of her decorative mug, letting the rich aroma of peppermint and chocolate waft up her nose. She stirred the marshmallows with a peppermint stick, watching them slowly melt away in the chocolatey beverage. The ivoryette pulled the fleece blanket off the back of the couch that both she and Luigi were currently sitting on then draped it over their laps. She took a sip of her hot chocolate, snuggling closer to the green clothed plumber who put an arm around her shoulder and nuzzled her.

The smell of pine needles from the Christmas tree mixed with the scent of cookies and other various treats that were baking for the party tomorrow filled the air with a pleasant scent. Booette loved the way the lights from the tree bounced off the ornaments, casting patterns onto the walls, ceiling and floor. Blue, green and purple were perhaps an odd choice of colors to decorate a Christmas tree with but they were perfect to her. The lit fire in the fireplace hissed and popped, giving off heat as she glanced out the window watching the snow fall in the mansion's front yard. The radio played classic holiday tunes while all of the presents were wrapped(courtesy of the other Boos and ghosts) and tucked under the tree. The ghost princess mused as to what Luigi got her and how he would react to what she got him.

Booette hadn't felt the so-called "Christmas Magic" in years at least, not like she did now. Sure, those strange, warm, fuzzy feelings were still present but not in the way that she felt them now. She couldn't even remember the last time when she was younger, running down the stairs as a child on Christmas morning and ripping into the presents. But as she got older and everything wasn't as large as it used to be, that once-familiar magic faded away.

She chalked it up to becoming an adult and having to move on with life. Then again, it was a little hard to truly celebrate Christmas when you're a ghost who's been dead for years. Sure she still recognized the holiday in the midst of all the chaos and whatnot but never really celebrated it like she once had. Booette thought that she would never have the chance to settle down after what happened all those years ago.

Just a moment of peace away from all the craziness of a world tainted by light or darkness. She smiled as she looked at the brunette next to her. Maybe, just maybe, something had been missing in those years.

"M-Merry Christmas, Luigi," Booette said as she rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

He smiled back at her warmly, light reflecting in his blue eyes, "Merry Christmas, Booette."