Afternoon Nap

Luigi sighed as he laid on a nearby couch while trying to read a newspaper. A koopa plushie sat on the other end of the small couch and a human sized weight laid across his chest belonging to one Booette who slept soundly. Apparently, the two of them had gone to a fair earlier today and Luigi had managed to win Booette the koopa plushie then stayed for about another hour or two before heading home. The ivoryette was tuckered out from the day's activities and decided to take a nap, unfortunately she couldn't make it to a bed fast enough and made the plumber her makeshift pillow instead.

He flipped a page, turning to look at any headlines, crossword puzzles, ads or sometimes the comics in the paper when he needed a good laugh or two. Luigi frowned at the obituaries as somehow reading about the people who died left a bad taste in his mouth. He never liked them and would always skip them whenever he could, the brunette wasn't going to let death sour his mood this afternoon. Another sigh escaped his lips, followed by a light snore slipping from Booette's smaller frame.

After looking at the paper a little longer, Luigi set it down on the table before a quiet yawn left him. He looked at his watch and saw that it was around 4:30 pm then rubbed his eyes. As much as he felt himself slipping away to the land of unconsciousness, the couch was much too uncomfortable for the plumber to fully stretch his legs to get comfortable. A third sigh escaped Luigi's lips as he sat up, even if he tried to get up he would risk waking Booette up in the process. The brunette shook his head and laid back down, he could leave if only the ghost girl would wake up from her slumber.

He reached over to lightly shake her awake, "Booette, wake up."

He frowned again. Booette's eyebrows furrowed as she stirred before she settled and buried her head into the man's chest, locks of snow white hair tickling his neck and chin.

"T-Ten more minutes, please," she mumbled in her sleep.

This was getting him nowhere. As much as he was annoyed, he couldn't stay mad at her but he really needed to get up. Letting out a huff, Luigi slowly but surely slipped off the couch, careful not to wake the sleeping ivoryette. The plumber gently picked her up and carried her bridal style to their shared room and laid her down on the bed before heading back to the living room to retrieve the plushie.

Once he made it back, Luigi placed the stuffed doll near Booette and laid down himself. His eyelids felt heavy with sleep and he couldn't keep them open any longer as another yawn made itself known from his throat. Before he knew it Luigi had found himself being lulled to the land of sleep as well. Maybe a little nap wouldn't hurt.