Lazy Morning

Luigi could swear he felt his body overheat from either one of three things: sunlight streaming through the curtains, a blanket or the other occupant laying right next to him. He tried to get up so he could head to the kitchen to make breakfast when a slender pair of arms curled around his waist, trapping him there while a head nuzzled itself into the crook of his neck, long white hair spread across the pillows like silk. The plumber sighed, he should've known that Booette would get like this whenever she was sleepy as she'd always cling to him in her sleep.

Luigi's sky blue eyes blinked open before he covered them with his arm, shielding them from the light. He removed his arm from his face then scanned his eyes over to his phone on the nightstand and cursed himself for not charging it the previous night. Another sigh escaped Luigi's lips as he sat up, even if he tried to grab it Luigi would risk waking Booette up in the process of reaching his phone. The plumber shook his head and laid back down, he could leave if only the ivoryette would wake up from her slumber.

He reached over to lightly shake her awake, "Booette, wake up. I-a need to make breakfast and I have-a things to do later today."

Booette's eyebrows furrowed as she stirred before tightening her grip around his waist, earning a third sigh from him that morning.

"I know you're awake," he frowned and crossed his arms.

Booette opened her reddish-violet eyes slightly, still tired and not used to the light. She blinked a few times for them to adjust, and smiled at Luigi as she nuzzled him again.

"T-Ten more minutes please."

As much as he was annoyed, Luigi couldn't stay mad at her but he really needed to get up. Turning his head, he saw her give him puppy dog eyes as if pleading him to stay with her. Letting out a huff, he relented and acquiesced to her silent request. There wasn't any harm in staying in bed any longer and sleeping in he supposed.

"Fine, you win. But you'll have to help-a me out later."

The ivoryette smiled pleasantly at her significant other, "S-Sure, if it means that you get to stay here with me." She giggled then hummed delightedly and he couldn't help but smile back, curse that sweet smile of hers.

Luigi moved over to lay on his side to face Booette and wrapped his arms around her, having forgot about his phone for the time being. It was still a bit too warm for him, but he could get used to it if it meant being with Booette for a while longer.