Baking

Booette and Luigi bake cookies. Nuff said. I got delayed again but I managed to post another chapter today. It might be awhile before I could post another in the future if I can come up with anymore scenarios that is. Anyways, enjoy.

~{}~

"Booette, what are you doing?" Luigi blinked as Booette moved around the kitchen.

He had just finished running errands and decided to check on the ghost girl since he hadn't seen her all day. When he opened the door(thanks to the spare house key he had) Luigi didn't expect to find Booette in a stupid, silly pink apron with a carrot on the front, one of her cheeks covered in white flour and even a part of her snow white hair had a splotch in it that was almost camouflaged by the hair. She was chewing on her bottom lip as she mixed flour, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in the bowl in her hands in an awkward way. Her eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and she looked salty, as if everything went south because of that bowl.

The plumber felt his own cheeks flush at the somewhat adorable sight in front of him. Booette didn't seem to notice his presence and kept on mixing, making the whisk inside the bowl to nearly fall off. She was putting too much strength into it and it was obvious that was her very first time mixing the batter.

"Booette?" Luigi called as he closed the door behind him then asked again with a slightly raised voice. "What are you-a doing?"

The white haired female finally lifted her reddish-violet eyes from what she was doing. She blinked and waved at him, like she wasn't doing anything strange or wearing anything silly.

"Y-You're here earlier than usual," she replied before returning to the mixing bowl.

"Oh, I was out-a running errands," he said while draping his coat over a nearby chair. "You didn't-a answer my-a question."

"Oh?" Booette furrowed her eyebrows again. "I'm baking cookies."

Luigi blinked again and stayed silent for a moment. He thought that his ears were playing tricks on him, but Booette was actually serious if the look on her face was anything to go by.

"Uh huh, and why are you-a baking?"

"I-I just wanted to do something nice," Booette's lips curled into a soft smile and she finally stopped mixing the batter. Gently, she placed the dough on the table before grabbing a rolling pin to flatten it.

Luigi watched silently as the ghost girl took some cookie cutters to make shapes in in the dough. Unfortunately she had to start over on one due to being too rough with the cutter. It was funny to look at her do this and it warmed his heart with that pouty look of hers. It made the plumber want to pat her head and tell her how much of a good girl she was. He sighed then grabbed another apron which was a white one with a strawberry on it before helping Booette bake the cookies.

"You have to be-a gentle or we'll be at-a this all day," he said while pressing the metal snowman in the dough under the her surprised gaze.

Once Booette realized that the plumber was helping her, she began following his instructions. She was so serious and concentrating on her work that it made the situation even more surreal. After about a couple hours Booette removed the cookies from the oven, a sweet scent permeated throughout the kitchen. She looked really happy, the corner of her mouth was lifted up into a smile and her brows weren't furrowed like usual. She placed them on the table and waited for them to cool down, ignoring the flour and sugar all over her apron.

"So... will you-a tell me why you felt the-a need to bake-a cookies?" Luigi curiously asked, unable to keep quiet.

Booette's cheeks flushed as she finally looked up. She hesitated for a second longer than usual to reply to him.

"I-I just wanted to...?"

He gave the ghost girl an inquisitive stare. Her pale lips tightened into a thin line as Luigi looked at her. Booette was a disaster in the kitchen, that was why she always had the other ghosts cook instead. After the plumber kept staring at her for a few moments, she sighed and finally told him the truth.

"I-I made them for you."

"For me?"

A nod, "Mhm."

"That's-a very kind of you to-a do," he said, a small smile gracing his lips.

Before she realized it, he had walked over and patted her head on the side that wasn't covered in flour.

Booette blinked for a few seconds as Luigi withdrew his hand, "W-Was that payment for my services?"

"No silly," Luigi said as he removed his apron and hung it up. "It was a gift-a from me."