Chapter 10

We had no choice but to follow Arrow out. We could see Arrow pointing the gun at Daniel. The color drained from Daniel's face. "Wh-what are you doing?" He asked.

I could see Max and Aiden, and all the others.

"He's gonna shoot Daniel!" Holly gasped.

"I- I can't watch this." Max said. Aiden covered Max's eyes.

"What's going on-?" Zoe whispered.

Arrow inhaled. "I'm sorry Daniel, but there's too much evidence stacked up against you." They said. There was a silence again.

 I waited for Arrow to pull the trigger, but they didn't.

"Ugh, I can't do this." They said, dropping the gun. 

Aiden uncovered Max's eyes. "They didn't shoot Daniel?" Max asked. 

Aiden shook his head. Max hugged Aiden. "I knew he wasn't the murderer. If he was, he would have let me bleed out." He said. 

Daniel looked around nervously. "So there really is a murderer?" He asked. Everyone nodded. "So... that means Audrey is really dead?" He asked. Everyone nodded, once again.

"The murderer must have took her body somewhere, so we wouldn't find it." Scarlet said.

"Would you guys mind explaining to me what this murderer looks like?" Daniel asked.

 Holly nodded. "He was wearing a striped black and white prison outfit, meaning he recently escaped. He had a Halloween mask on, and he must have stolen my pocket knife." She said. 

Daniel nodded. "Alright. I still can't believe you were going to kill me." He said.

Arrow looked away nervously. "Sorry." They muttered.

"Anyways, I was radioed that there is going to be a massive storm tonight. We will be taking shelter in the hole." Daniel said.

"The hole? What hole?" I asked.

"There is a hole here, for emergencies." Daniel said.

 Leah stepped forward. "Wait wait wait. You're telling me we're gonna be sleeping in a HOLE?" She asked. 

Daniel nodded.

"Disgusting. I bet theres lots of spiders down there." Max complained.

As Daniel led us through the woods, to this mysterious hole, I wondered how me and Eric never came across it the night we saw the murderer setting up traps.

We jumped down into the hole, and then looked around.

"Uh guys.... We forgot a rope to get back up." Scarlet said.