Chapter 8

Aiden scooped Max up off the ground, carrying him bridal style. I got a good look of his leg. It was bleeding from where the arrow had shot him, but there was no arrow.

 "I am assuming you pulled the arrow out?" I asked.

 Aiden nodded. "We've got to get him to Daniel." He said.

 Me and Eric followed Aiden through the woods. We were pretty far away from the tents.

 "Did you see how he got shot? Was he shot by a person?" I asked, remembering seeing the murderer by the cabin. 

"No. We were walking, then the arrow came out of a tree. Somebody set up traps." Aiden said. Eric gave me a knowing look. 

"I know who did." He said.

 Aiden turned around. "You do?"

Eric nodded. "When me and Josh were collecting wood by the bathroom, we saw the murderer standing near the tree at the cabin. He was probably setting up traps." He said.

 Aiden inhaled. "Oh wow... Did he see you?" He asked. 

I nodded. "Yes. Once he saw us he ran away." I said. 

Aiden looked around uncomfortably. "So you're saying he could be anywhere in the forest right now?" He asked. 

I looked around and bit my lip. "Crap..." I murmured. 

"UGHHHH IT HURTS!" Max wailed.

 "Shhh! Don't draw attention to us!" Aiden hissed. 

"I'm going to die, aren't I?" Max said softly. 

Aiden shook his head. "No! You are NOT dying! We're almost there. Daniel will fix you." Aiden said.

We soon arrived at the tents again. Aiden set Max down inside the green tent. 

Max had began crying. "I'm going to die." He murmured again. 

Aiden was sitting next to Max. "No! You are not! Stop being negative. You're going to live, Max, trust me." 

Daniel walked into the green tent, with his first aid kit. He started bandaging Max's leg.

 "See. I told you that you'd live." Aiden said. 

Max groaned. "It still hurts so bad." He said. 

"It'll take a couple days for the pain to go away." Daniel said. 

Aiden nodded. "Thanks."

Me and Eric went outside, where Connor, Arrow, and Leah were crowding around the blue tent. 

"Hey- what's going on?" I asked. 

Arrow turned around, facing me. "There's something in the blue tent."

-

-

-

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Aiden x Max is canon ;)