2. || bitten

The dark woods stand as noble knights, fresh from the fields of legends

The dark woods stand as noble knights, fresh from the fields of legends. The woods, my kin of brown and green, my happy place of sanctuary and jocund solitude.

"You know, I need to stay at my house tonight. School is tomorrow and I need the perfect outfit" I state causing Jackson to sigh but nod his head agreeing knowing we've been 'arguing' about this all day.

It's a dark and foggy night in Beacon Hills, Martina and Jackson have been together all day. Over the half term they spent most of it with Danny and Lydia, but the last weekend of the holidays was just the two of them.

They've also been arguing about whether Martina can stay at Jackson's but it's the Sunday before school starts up again and she hasn't really been home all week, except for the odd night her and Lydia crashed there.

"I know, I know. I just love having you over plus I have the house to myself" Jackson says and no that doesn't sound like the way you would think, it just means a shit ton of movies and snuggles, okay maybe sex sometimes.

But Martina ends up getting caught up in her own head especially when she looks out the window to see several Beacon County Sheriff's department deputies pulling up to Beacon Hills preserve in their cruisers.

There must be at least at least a dozen officers getting out of their vehicles, some of them even have K-9-unit dogs with them, the animals are barking and whimpering I can hear that from the car.

"Jax, stop the car" I say looking out the window, my voice sounds intrigued but equal parts worried. Jackson stops immediately fearing somethings wrong.

"T, what's wrong?" Jackson asks clearly concerned for his girlfriend's unusual actions but instead of answering the brunette steps out the Porsche and walks towards the radio chatter that can be heard amongst everything else.

The teen sticks out from everyone else as she's wearing a tight black long-sleeved top that has a zip down the middle which is partly undone to show the top of her cleavage, her hair is flowing freely off her shoulders and her makeup minimal, she's also wearing a pair of tight green cargo pants and some red bottom black stiletto heels which were a gift from Jackson for her birthday.

"Tina, wait up— what are you— no T" Jackson says as he tries to process what's going through his girlfriend's head as he jogs to catch up with the girl, both of them are now sticking out even more than before.

There are officers everywhere some now going into the woods with flashlights in hand, as the deputy start searching the woods.

"I still can't believe they sent us back, I was only asking a question" I say angrily as I file down the end of my acrylic that ended up breaking and I didn't even get anywhere with my questions, so all of that for nothing.

"What answers did you think you were going to get? It was an ongoing investigation and rumour has it they are looking for a girl's body" Lydia says looking at her best friend like she's crazy, they may be the same in a lot of ways, but this is one of the things they always think.