4. || control

The water ways of the woods, the blues and white lace amid the earthy hues, amid the dance of green, come together as a visual form of poetry, one read by the naked soul

I don't know how long I've been asleep for but when I flip over to lay on my stomach reaching an arm out for Jackson, I feel nothing, nothing but a pile of leaves.

I am no longer in my bedroom, no I'm in a coyote den laying half asleep in the preserve.

For the eye that captures the moment as easily as a camera lens, the woods offer a chorus of browns leading up to a seasonal cupola. And with this image it weaves nature's aromas and hearty birdsong. Thus, on any given day, at any time, in any weather, the woods can tether my spirit either in a soothing way or in an erratic way.

This time it's a bit more erratic, but at least I'm not alone, at least I have my twin by my side as we walk out of the coyote den just wanting to get home for two very different reasons.

But when we see the bestial wolf that bit us, we both know it's not going to be that easy, I can feel Scott trembling beside me, so I grip his hand even though I'm shaking just as much as he is.

Though the wolf is shrouded in frog it is clearly him, the red eyes indicate so. I would never forget this— thing anyway he's the one who had me running for my life and I know for a fact that's about to happen again.

We start running as fast as we can, this time though Scott can keep up with me I'm not pulling him along or anything. I don't know whether it's adrenaline or something weirder but right now is not the time for questions as we are trying are best to evade that murderous wolf.

When we see the fence coming up, we both look at each other before nodding in agreement to the silent question we both asked each other. Once we eventually reach the fence, we jump over it landing in a body of water.

I twist and turn frantically trying to work out what I've landing in until I realise that it's out neighbours swimming pool. I slowly allow myself to come up to the surface.

And the said neighbour in question is stood in his backyard, I look at Scott as if asking him what to say or do when I realise, he's still freaking out underwater.

I pull my twin up turning him around as we both face are neighbour who is looking at us incredulously and I don't blame him to be honest.

It's not every day you get two teenagers landing in your swimming pool at the crack of dawn. I look at Scott wanting him to talk or speak up knowing that we have no explanation of why we are in the man's pool practically in our underwear.

Scott being Scott obviously goes for the polite route of things wanting to ease the heat of the situation.

"Good morning!" Scott says before nudging me as he looks over at the man as if he's wanting me to say something and when I realise that that's exactly what he wants me to do I clear my throat awkwardly.