Bonus 1 : Thai Papi Jimin

"Sawasdee krup"

I gave a smile to him and wondered why I was chosen to greet this man.

Park Jimin has just returned from Bangkok after 6years. He was an actor whose first major role led him to Thailand where he was involved in a major accident. He lost all his memories, apparently with his humor as well.

He no longer smiles nor does he ever engage in any conversation whatsoever. All he ever does is scrutinize everyone as if we all want him dead.

About 2 months ago, I was unemployed and in need of daily wages so I had downloaded a recommended app and joined.

The next day, I was surprised to find a job offer in my mail after I joined LinkedIn. I was building my profile at the time and had added 4 language profiencies including Thai, Spanish, English and Korean.

I even included my BS in Hospitality Management certificate as well as a non credit certificate in Homecare Nursing.

I had ardently declined the job, after realising that I didn't have adequate skills for the job description. However, the mail kept popping up once every few days till I decided to give it a try. Just maybe I will go for the interview and prove my point.

Surprisingly, I paassed the interview on the basis of my language proficiency and nothing else. They were actually impressed.

"Narak",they kept saying with a smile.

Okay, please can you stop with the Thai?. I silently pleaded.

All the same.... I managed a smile. I really needed to find a way to quietly quit this job before I end up disgracing myself. The only good thing in this entire situation is the fact that I don't have to speak Korean. Thinking back to what I've done so far, I must have been crazy.

At least he has forgotten how to speak Korean so I don't have to worry about how to understand the language unless of course he wakes up tomorrow and suddenly remembers his native language.

That would be a disaster. But before then I better get down to the books and start learning Thai. So I downloaded Duolingo as soon as I got home and spent 9 hours on the app. My swollen eyes were protesting vehemently by the time it was 1am but I still forced them open and continued my learning.

If I'm going to at least survive for a week, I needed this. Or so I thought.

Next morning,

Karma hates me....

That is the only feeling I got when I woke up the next morning.

Apparently, it was a big miracle.

Park Jimin has regained a bit of his memories and guess the part he had to regain....his native language. So now he speaks Korean and has conveniently forgotten how to speak Thai after I spent close to 12 hours learning basic words like Mai and Chai in Thai.

My dark circles haven't even recovered yet and here I am thinking about switching to learning Hangul also called Korean language. Yes, I just looked it up on Google.

It is surprising that after 7years into kdrama, the only words I know are annyeonghaseyo, mianhaeyo and kamsahamnida.

Great, I guess my eyes will fall out tonight. I groaned, gaining Jimin's attention.

"Gwenchan?".

And I was stuck wondering when we became so close for him to speak without honorifics

I nodded and smiled
"Nee", I responded

He smiled. He seems to be smiling a lot in my opinion but who cares about my opinion when I don't even know my job description anymore. He could wake up tomorrow and suddenly start speaking Spanish or Mandarin.

At the moment, I am at his mercy.

2 weeks on,
I have managed to stay alive amid dark circles and a constant parameter. Yes Park Jimin is still a native korean speaker, although he has said one or two Manadarin words within that time.

He better not try that trick because Lord knows I'm quitting the moment he starts speaking ancient Greek or Norse.

I will fucking quit! And I mean it too.

I didn't bargain for such a hustle although the pay grade is beyond good. I mean $ 500, 000 a week is a dream when you're not risking your neck for it.

Anyway, Jimin is actually an easy person to get along with, minus his weird stare that he always gives to strangers. I have now come to understand the meaning behind that stare though. He just gets easily suspicious of every new person he meets, which is actually very normal.

...
2years on,

Yes you heard right, I've been working for Jimin for two years in which he has done some very questionable things I prefer not to talk about.

He has also shown some very adorable parts of himself which I would like to share without coming off as completely smitten by him. I am by the way, completely and irrevocably in love with him, I won't deny.

Last year he made a couple of friends in Burma and yes those six are out of their minds. Three of them, Namjoon, Jin and Taehyung are married, just in case you were hoping to shoot ypur shot.

The other two Yoongi and Jhope are in a serious relationship and I think they look cute together. That is if you count the constant bickering and every second that Yoongi tries to bite Jhope's cheek out of it.

All in all, the only one who is single is the youngest among them, Jungkook

And of course there's Jimin, who has been on and off with me. One moment, he's hitting on me and the next, he's hating on me. The last time, Jimin told Jungkook that I'd been hitting on him so shamelessly that he wanted to fire me.

"I can't believe tomorrow is Sope's wedding", he said out loud.

Sope is what we call Yoongi and Jhope. #Sope23

I turn to look at him, wondering if he has any sort of feelings for me. I was dying to walk over to the couch where he was sitting and ask him myself. Probably in any other language other than the ones he can speak. Like French.

I did walk over but I refrained from asking him that. Instead, I aksed him if I could come with him to the wedding. Dumb question, considering I was already going with him.

He nodded but didn't look at me and the next thing I know, he said something that gave me the shock of my life.

"I am considering hiring a new manager"....

Second part will be uploaded on Thursday. Thanks for reading