A PARK JIMIN SHORT STORY-chapter 3: Black Coffee

That was how you met, again.

Over a mistaken cup of black coffee.

You two hadn't met again after that night at your apartment.

Was it a relief?

Probably.

How the hell does a reputable cafe mess up people's order?

You smiled and grabbed the cup that he was pointing towards you and handed the one you took to him. And that was how the switch was made, you got your latte, and he got his black coffee.

"Shall we not meet again?", you asked with a fake smile. Deep down, you knew it was impossible to avoid him, primarily because you'll end up meeting him for the show.

He smirked, knowing exactly what you were thinking. You rolled your eyes and walked out. There was no need prolonging this torture.

Jimin smiled at your retreating back, he was pretty sure he got on your nerves just by virtue of existing. And then something happened, his smile died and his eyes widened when a sudden realization hit him.

He pulled out his phone and immediately dialed a number
"I need all the BBMC!"

"What the hell is a BBMC?", the other person asked timidly

"Busan Bunny murder case files", Jimin answered with his last shred of patience.

"Yes sir, I'll make them available as soon as possible"

"I fucking need them now",Jimin shouted on the phone, rushing to his car and swiftly pulling away from the cafe.

"The softcopy isn't ready yet sir"

"Fucking just verify something for me. I need you to go through all the files of the victims. I need to know if they all have the same surname"

"I'll call you back sir once I find a something"

"Fucking hurry up!"

Two minutes later, when the phone rang again, Jimin braced himself for a massive shock. Either his instincts were spot on or he'd greatly exaggerated his own imaginations.

"What did you find?", he quickly asked

"Affirmative sir. All the victims have the same surname, Cha. Strangely they all have something to do with Busan Arts School too"

Jimin gritted his teeth. Finally, a link. Wasn't it supposed to make it a lot easier ?, but why did it feel like something was still missing?

"Okay, hang up"

As soon Jimin stopped at the station, his mind couldn't help but wonder. The murder cases, the bunny, all the clues.

Why wasn't it fitting?

And why murder Cha Eun So?.

That girl barely had a few thousand dollars to her name, had a super sweet personality, was timid and clumsy...why would anyone want her dead?

The girl had practically nearly peed her pants the day she confessed to him in high school. Since then he'd actually began to take notice of her and began to worry that she might mistakenly kill herself because of her own clumsiness.

Jimin had genuinely cared for her. The painful part was the fact that someone had murdered her just a few days away to her wedding, when she was supposed to move to Canada after her wedding.

The groom-to-be, upon all attempts was still unidentified. The only clue they had was a picture of the two, probably on a date. And even that picture wasn't good enough because the guy had won a bunny onesie that day. He must love cosplay.