chapter 7

why is ashton so gorgeous im

--

july 8th

ashton didn't show up.

-

july 9th

ashton still didn't show up.

-

july 13th

calum called infinity floral. niall's thick irish voice told him they were unable to deliver to his address from now on. so, he went to the shop in hopes of finding ashton.

when he got to the store, he was met by the same boy he assumed was seeing ashton, now he knew that was niall, and a slightly taller, slightly darker man with black hair. they stopped calum before he could go to the greenhouse. "sorry, mate," niall spoke first. "i don't think now's the best time to talk to him."

so calum went home.

-

july 14th

calum found himself outside of luke's house, impatiently knocking until the blonde opened the door. his eyes widened as he saw the dark-haired boy, and luke pulled him in. michael turned the corner, flinching at the sight in front of him. dramatically, he grabbed calum by the shoulders and shook. "god, calum, how long has it been? like, a week?! you refuse to let us into the house, you don't answer our texts, and apparently didn't even answer the door when i sent pizza hut a couple days ago! who the hell does that!?"

luke shoved michael aside, patting calum's head. "it's understandable. ... but why are you here so suddenly?"

"i... i have an idea on how i can see ashton. but can you call infinity floral for me, luke?" with a nod, luke pulled out his phone, and calum explained to him what he was going to do.

-

"delivery for michael clifford." a smile graced ashton's face as he read off the paper. "hello sir, how are you toda-" ashton's breath caught in his throat when he looked up.

"c-calum, i- you- this isn't your h-house, and- i'm so sorry... i-i'll just leave..." ashton stammered, frozen in his spot as he stared everywhere but calum. "t-there must've been a mistake... i'm leaving."

"ash? you're not happy to see me?" calum reached out to touch him, but he flinched away, face suddenly turning cold. "calum, i... i can't believe you." he spoke softly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes as he slowly backed away. "i don't know why you keep doing this to me. how long have we known each other? a bit over a month? and each time i see you, you simultaneously break my heart and pull me in deeper. a-and i can't do this anymore."

calum stared at ashton with sad eyes. "y-you... actually liked me?" ashton shyly nodded, inching away from the house again. "ashton, i... i really l-"

"stop, stop." ashton cried out, waving one hand in front of him and rubbing his eyes with his other hand. "i... what i'm trying to say is..." ashton took a moment to pull himself together, though he didn't look as tough as he hoped, with his puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. "if you love someone who doesn't love you back, you should let them go-"

"just stop!" calum darted out the door and pulled ashton into a desperate, tight hug, as if their lives depended on it. by now, both calum and ashton were crying. ashton buried his face into calum's chest, and the two cried together for a solid five minutes. luke came outside, worried as he carefully pulled the two apart. ashton and calum stared at each other for a long moment, until ashton quietly broke the silence. "... i just don't know anymore... i really like you, maybe more than i should, a-and i'm sorry i do... after that day... i understand you're not ready... for now, i guess this is goodbye."

calum slowly dropped to his knees, staring as ashton handed him the bouquet of roses for "michael clifford" and sped off in his car. "i... i love him, luke. i love him."

--

CLIFFHANGER AMIRIGHT

just kidding goodbye friends

as you can tell this was not planned all the way through r i p

i'm hardcore planning for the rest of the story, i guarantee it! i'm thinking this'll be 15-20 chapters yee??

anyways i'll post more tomorrow! much love! xx