prologue

"cal, are you sure you don't want to go camping with us?" his mother entered his room carefully, tapping her sleeping son's shoulder perhaps a little too hard. in return, calum flinched, nearly falling out of his bed as he was startled awake.

"jesus fucking christ, m-"

"calum thomas hood. you know better than to curse the lord's name! ... we're leaving in ten minutes for our across america camping trip. you saw our RV, right? three TV's, a-and we're going to disneyland too! it would be so much fun-"

"mom. for the last time, i don't wanna go! who the hell wants to be stuck in the middle of nowhere for, like a month and a half?! besides, i'm eighteen. there's nothing in disneyland for a cool kid like me." calum grumbled when he heard a snort escape from his mother, quickly hiding his embarrassment with a frown. "you have mali and her friends to keep you and dad company."

joy's gaze on her son softened into a worried look, before she began to turn away. "that's true. just ... be careful, alright? and call us if you need anything. you sure you'll be alright by yourself?"

guilt hit calum as he realized how harsh he had been on his mother. sighing, he smiled softly, sitting up on his bed. "yeah, i'll be fine. i have to work most of the time. plus, luke and michael will be here most of the time. don't you worry about me. ... also, close the door on your way out. love you guys."

joy smiled and nodded, kissing her son on the forehead and scurrying out of her son's room.

of course she left the door open. she always does.

calum threw the thick covers over his head, cursing himself to sleep.

an hour later, the doorbell disturbed his beauty sleep.

"for christ's sake."

---

damn, did i really just post my first chapter of my first ever fanfic?????? that's hella cool imo.

but anyways, idk what to put here other than introduce myself, so aYyy i'm calyssa but you can call me whatever (i think i put all my nicknames in my story ideas book so)

also, that's not the official cover; my best friend is making me a cover for this story and tbh i just threw words on a random image so i didn't look like a dork with no cover.

welpp, in case anyone actually reads this fanfic, i hope you'll enjoy it, and even though this intro isn't very long, i'm excited to write the rest of this! expect more updates soon! (though, depending on how many views and stuff this gets will determine whether or not i continue; i don't want to write a fanfic for nothing!)

PS, i know it says 'coming soon', but i'll have you know that i'll be updating A LOT over the next few days.

until next time! love ya! xx