Chapter 48 (The Source)

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

"Eric. Quick. I've texted you a number. As soon as possible get any sort of information you can get from it, from call details to even GPRS location. Anything. Now!" Ali listened to the other side of the phone before ending the call.

"What now?" I asked.

"Now, we wait." I nodded resting my head on his chest. Ali continued to run his hand over my stomach. "We'll get through this babe. I prom-"

"Ooh," I said, giggling. Ali leaned back and touched my stomach again. "I think the baby likes your voice."

"It does doesn't it," he said while the baby kicked again. "Does it hurt?"

"No. Not really. It feels so weird. Like someone harshly running their hand over your skin. Not harsh to hurt you bur harsh enough so that you can feel the force." I tried to concentrate on the feeling, squinting my nose whilst closing my eyes.

"You're so beautiful." I turned to face Ali, my face heating up.

"'No I'm not," I said gently pushing him.

He took ahold of my hand and kissed it. "But you are." I wrapped my hands around his neck and he instinctively snuggled closed to me. As our lips grew closer, and slightly parted, Ali's phone rang making me jump up. Giggling, I took the phone and handed it over.

"Yes Eric?" With a few 'mmm' and 'yes' he hung up the phone and went to grab a coat.

"What's going on Ali?"

"The cell is no longer in use. But they were able to take a list of the call logs before it was wiped clean. And from that, most of the numbers were a dead end, except for one. It's still in use and the signal coming off of it is nearby. I'm going to check it out."

"I'm coming with you." I grabbed my coat but before Ali could refuse, I was out the door. "End of discussion," I yelled back.

Sitting in the car, Ali walked over to the other side. "It's not safe. I wouldn't be able to bear it if anything happened to you or our baby."

"And I wouldn't be able to bear it if anything happened to you. You're everything to me. If anything was to happen, let it happen to both of us. And In Shaa Allah, we will meet in Jannah."

"Sometimes... You are impossible," Ali said as he started pulling off of the parking lot.

"And that's why you love me."

He stuck out his tongue and I laughed.

We parked in front of a white building, probably just being renovated. I got out, waddling like a duck. Ali rushed to my side, holding out his hand. "Thank you."

As Ali locked up the car, I took in my surrounding. The white plain building had no windows or decorations whatsoever. It was surrounded by grown and withered grass. Piles of leaves were scattered everywhere and a big tree provided the perfect shade. Hanging down on a branch by a rope was a tire, probably used to replicate a swing.

Ali held my hand and walked me to the main door. I rang the bell and almost immediately the door opened, revealing a small girl. She had on a white dress with pink flowers and floral designs embroidered on it. Her hair was tied to both the side in a side pony. She looked back and forth between Ali and me. "Assalamu Alaikum," I greeted her as I saw the Quran words in a frame inside the house.

She broke into a wide grin revealing her broken and missing parts of her teeth. "Wakuk Salm."

I laughed at her attempt to greet. "What's your name?"