❝ CHAPTER 24 ❞

▌Chapter 24 ─ Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter ▌

Chapter 24 ─ Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter

      ━━━━━ STEPHANIE CHOSE TO stay with her brother and Carly. Because of that, Hero and Caspian chose to stay with her. Even though Stephanie and Lennox lead the team together, Lennox knew that the two would always choose Stephanie. He never understood their friendship. They all watched Optimus walk up to Sentinel Prime with the Matrix.

"This is incredible." Carly whispered.

"Sentinel Prime, we bid you return." He pushed it into the chest of Sentinel Prime, everyone watching as the Autobot was jolted back to life. He then pushed out of his chair pushing Optimus down to the ground.

"Hold your fire!" Lennox shouted.

"Stop, Sentinel!" Prime spoke.

"Hold your fire, now!" Stephanie ordered shortly after.

"It is I, Optimus Prime! It is all right. You are safe."

"There is nothing to fear." Ratchet told the Autobot.

"We are here. You are home, Sentinel."

"The war... The war!" Sentinel Prime repeated.

"The war was lost. Cybertron is now but a barren wasteland. We have taken refuge here, on planet Earth. It's human race is our ally." Optimus said, as he stood up from the floor.

"My ship. We came under fire. The pillars. Where are the pillars?" Stephanie, Hero, and Caspian exchanged a look with each other. Why was that his only concern?

"You saved five of them, including the control pillar."

"Only five? We once had hundreds!"

"Excuse me, gentlemen." Mearing called out to the Autobots. "May I ask, what is this technology you're looking for?"

"It is the ability to reshape the universe. Together the pillars form a space bridge. I designed it, and I alone, can control it."

"That doesn't sound good." Hero said, softly.

"It defies your laws of physics to transport matter through time and space."

"You're talking about a teleportation device, aren't you?" Mearing asked the robot.

"Yes, for resources, for refugees."

"Refugees, or troops of soldiers, weapons, maybe bombs! A means of an instant strike! That's its military function, isn't it?"

"I really don't like her." Stephanie mumbled.

"It is our technology and it must be returned." Sentinel said, looking down at the human.

"Yes. If humans say so. You can't just bring weapons of mass destruction into our atmosphere! You kind of have to clear customs first! A little formality called paperwork kind of separates us from the animals."