Chapter-12

Chapter-12

Zayn's POV

We took our positions on opposite ends of the stage, calming our breathing till the curtain rose and the music began.

Sav nodded at me and I gestured one right back. The curtain rose and the guitar notes to the beginning of the song began.

We walked slowly with the beat towards center stage. Sav looked beautiful walking with passion, sashaying her hips in a teasing, yet innocent manner.

The spotlight shone on both of us as we neared each other's presence.

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

As that line surrounded from the speakers, Sav brought her hand forward and I took her in my embrace.

As the next line began, she turned and I pulled her into my arms where she landed with grace.

With each and every step, her dress flew sweetly with the wind and so did her dark brown hair.

After a few minutes, the dance was over.

Sav took my arm, stepped to the side so that we faced the audience and bowed to them with a wide smile and I joined her.

The red curtain went down and she jumped on me in a hug

"We were brilliant!!!" She squealed into my shoulder.

I was suddenly broken from some trance and I hugged her back tighter.

"Yeah, that was bloody awesome!" I said, my voice muffled by her hair on my face.

We pulled apart and I leaned in to kiss her forehead. From the corner of my eye, I saw something pink fly out from the stage in a rush.

I didn't bother what it was and walked back to our dressing rooms hand in hand.

Sav's POV

"Where the hell are my clothes!?!" I screamed as I tore the whole dressing room apart trying to find my jeans and sweater.

"Calm down love, someone must've taken it by mistake...Don't wake up the other side of the world..."Meghan, the girl who did my makeup tried to console me.

"What am I supposed to wear now?" I asked desperately in a normal voice.

"Come here...I have an extra dress. I guess those will fit you" She informed and went to the cloth hangers and came back with a dress.

It was a saffron colored dress that would reach just above my knee because I'm taller than her by a few inches. I hugged her and whispered, "You're a life saver!"

I went to the curtains that separated the changing area from the rest of the room and changed into the dress.  It was shorter than I'd predicted. It ended just above my mid thigh

"Uh...Meghan?" I called out hesitantly.

I heard footsteps clacking the wooden floor rush towards my call.

"This is a bit short...too short" I informed her.

"It's supposed to be..." She said in a 'duh' tone and pulled me out of the curtains and threw a pair of black heels nearly to my face

I caught them clumsily in my arms and fake glared at her as I slipped them on and got used to my new height.

I hugged her and walked to the mirrors where I left my phone. I turned to Meghan who was starting to arrange her brushes and make up for the coming performers and asked, "Can I   have your number? You seem like a nice person to hang out with..."

"Sure" She agreed and recited her number as my thumbs padded the appropriate digits on the keypad.

I walked out with my phone in hand to sit in the auditorium. I have no idea where Zayn is, so I decided to save him a seat. I saw Perrie walk in from the direction of the green room and I shot her a smile. She just scowled and turned her face away. My eyebrows shot up at her attitude.

Okay then!

Now, Dani was performing with a few of her friends on stage to an amazing hip hop dance number. Her energetic smile never left her face and I taped her dance on my phone. Just as the announcer came to do his job about the next act, my phone rang and I checked the screen to find out that it was an unfamiliar number

 I walked out of the hall to block out the noise and I swear I heard "Zaaaaayn Malik" from the speakers. I paid no attention to that and I answered the phone

"Hello?" I asked

"Savvy, it's me!" The gruff male voice answered on the other line.

"V-Varun?" I asked unsure

"Yeah...How are you?" He asked softly

"Why do you care, huh?! You don't remember me at all; you don't call, no messages, video calls!" My voice started to rise as I speak

"Lis-Listen...I never forgot you...It's ju-" He started his lame excuses. Guess what, no excuse is gonna be good enough for my best friend since diapers to forget me and ignore me like the plague

"Save it!" I yelled and hung up, switching off the damn phone

I walked back, my breath in a huff as I saw the set up on the stage.

"What the-"escaped my lips.

He never told me this!

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------