Chapter-7

Chapter-7

Savannah’s POV

A whole month has passed and I’ve made some great friends here. On the other hand, my connection with Varun was slipping. We rarely talked anymore and me and Zayn were best friends forever. I could slowly sense Zayn slipping into that position that Varun had in my heart.

Today was a Friday, a crisp morning of November 14th. It was Children’s day back home and I missed all the special treatment we used to get back there. I walked out to the balcony in my room with a faint smile as I shouted, “Wake up, Zayn! We have school!!” Yeah, we became that close.

No sign of response, but the curtains flailing in the cool breeze. I stood there annoyed, with my hands resting on my hip and tapped my foot impatiently on the tiled floor.

I walked back to my room to check the time and it was 6.15AM. I huffed out in frustration and walked back to the balcony.

“Zaaaaaynn!!! Uthoo (Wake up)!!!!!” I yelled. Finally, I heard a thud and“oof” a second later and a scruffy haired Zayn walking to the balcony, scratching the back of his hair.

“We have school, Zayn! Wake up...” I said to him, leaving over the balcony.

“Okay, mom” He rolled his eyes and went inside.

Never the morning person...I rolled my eyes as I thought and left to get ready

I changed into a simple checked shirt and my blue skinnies and my hair was in a simple pony tail. I wore a metal cuffed bracelet and my necklace with a cross on it. I looked into the mirror and neatly lined my eyes and slipped into my shoes, waiting for Zayn.

Skipping breakfast had been a habit for me and I lost my weight in a unhealthy way.

He took forever to get ready, ugh!

I logged into my twitter id- @SavvySvottie999 (It’s real!) and scrolled around a few updates of my favourite stars. I saw Zayn’s twitter handle and hit follow, so did the other boys’ too.

My profile picture was that of me with a flower ring around my head. The picture was taken when I went with my parents to Hawaii. We had such a lot of fun as a family, why did fate have to be so cruel to me?

I moved my hands across the phone screen boringly, when the doorbell rang and I dashed out of my home

“Took you long enough..” I mumbled as I hugged Zayn and we walked towards his car

“Took you long enough...” He mocked me and I looked at him with fake offense. “I donot talk like that!” I defended

“I donot talk like that!” He mocked again, but kept his eyes on the road, so he won’t get us killed.

“Shut up!” I crossed my arms and pouted.

He giggled and continued driving.

We saw yellow flyers littering the campus and I picked one to quench my curiosity.

It read:

TALENTS DAY

A brilliant opportunity to everyone to show case their wonderful talent. Special guests arriving from music and movie industry to be present to mentor the participants.

Hurry! Entries for the show to be signed up on or before 17th November! This is one chance you can’t miss!

All details to be submitted to the student council member for Arts or Mrs. Drew (Dept. of Dramatics)

“Sweet!” I commented as I read this

“Hey, Zayn...Why don’t you perform for this? You dance pretty neat!” I asked him. Before he could reply, we were surrounded by our friends.

“Zayn...And dance?!” Harry said and started laughing; “Stop pulling my leg, Sav!”

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and asked, “What’s wrong if he performs?”

Yeah, I was always a bit defensive when it came to Zayn

“He can’t dance! He’s got two left feet!” Louis said and I looked at Zayn questioningly.

Zayn shook his head and I exactly knew why

The others didn’t know that Zayn danced. I stood there with wide eyes and let the subject drop.

After the first few classes, it was recess and as Zayn was walking by, I pulled him into the janitor’s closet.

“What the-“He huffed at the sudden action

“How come they’re your close friends and they dunno you dance?” I crossed my arms and asked sternly, keeping my touch act up.

“Look, I wasn’t a big dancer back then....” He started explaining, but I soon lost my senses when I saw the sight behind him.

“SPIDER!!!” I screamed and just as I screamed, the nasty little creature decided to swing forward from the thing he was hanging from. I got scared and grabbed Zayn’s collar and pulled him down with me to the floor so that I would get away from that wretched thing.

I was on Zayn’s chest, his collar still fisted in my hands. I looked up to say sorry, but he had this look in his eyes. His brown eyes twinkled and showed some unknown emotion.

I looked back into his eyes in confusion, but then, my gaze fell on the spider that was nearing Zayn’s hair.

I closed my eyes and prepared for a scream, but I was pulled into a standing position and someone cupped my mouth in flash of a lightning speed

Zayn had this amused look on his face.

“It’s just a spider! Not a dinosaur!!” He said, trying to keep his laughter in control. I rolled my eyes and he let go of my mouth.

“Bade aye himmatwale (Here he stands, the big brave man)” I muttered and then continued in a normal voice, “You are performing, whether you like it or not!” I poked him on his chest with my finger.

He looked away and sighed, “I don’t think so, Sav”

“With me?” I asked.

He turned to me with confusion.

“Will you perform with me?” I asked with a faint smile on my face.

Zayn’s POV

WHAT THE HELL!