Chapter-10

Chapter-10

Savannah’s POV

It was a Saturday today and that means: NO SCHOOL! What a relief and surprisingly, there wasn’t home work too!

On Sunday, our Math teacher, Ms. Heather had asked me to have study sessions with Caleb Knight from our class as he was best in the subject and I sucked at it

I hate tutor sessions huh!

I freshened up and went downstairs to get ready for a jog. I got down in my sweats and a tank top with a black jacket as it was kind of chilly outside. December had its perks, but Bradford looked so beautiful in the cold.

As I closed the gate behind me and start to jog my way, I saw Zayn get out from his house as well. I waved over to him and gave him a big smile. He came over to me and we started jogging around the public park. After a while, we sat down on one of the park benches to gain our breath

“My mum wants you over for dinner tonight....” He informed me out of the blue

My head snapped in his direction and I asked, “What!”

“Chill, she wants to know my best friend whom I talk so much of. She’s lovely, you’ll love her and she’ll love you too” Zayn said. I accepted the offer.

“When should I pop up and what should I wear?” I fussed

“Just be around 8 and wear a dress” He winked and said.

“Is it some formal dinner?” I asked with wide eyes. Wow, posh people they are!

“No, I just wanna see you in a dress” He said cheekily and I rolled my eyes.

We got up and jogged back and I headed straight to my room.

Skipping breakfast was a routine now.

I showered and changed into some comfy clothes and stood in front of my closet with my hands on my hips thinking the ultimate question that goes through every girl’s mind: What to wear?

**Skip rest of the day**

Time: 7.15PM

I picked a grey dress that reached just above my knees that had a cute white collar. I wore stockings for warmth and slipped into my ballerina flats. I outlined my eyes carefully with kohl and did my hair in natural waves. I fished out my bracelet from one of the drawers and slipped it on. I looked into the mirror and gave myself a mental approval. (External link for jogging outfit and dinner!)

I walk over to Zayn’s house, my hands on the bell as soon as the time in my phone read 8. I heard a twist of lock on the other side and came face to face with a girl with chubby features and hazel brown eyes, just like Zayn’s. She looked a bit over 20

Her curious composure morphed into a wide smile as she saw me. “Come in! You must be Savannah!” and she moved away from the door to let me in to the warm den of their home.

Now, this is a home....It’s got all that warmth of a family.

“You must be Doniya. It’s nice to finally meet you...Zayn’s told me a lot” I smiled and greeted her. She pulled me into a hug, which was unexpected, but I hugged her back.

We pulled away and I smelled delicious aroma from the kitchen, which made my mouth water. Hey, skipping meals do that to you!

Next, a young girl of about 10 popped into the room screaming her throat out. “No, Wali, that’s my hair brush!!” She was running around the couch, followed by a girl of about 16 years chasing her.