Chapter-3

Chapter-3

Sav’s POV

My eyes widened as I saw the young charming boy in front of my balcony, standing on his.

“Zayn?” I asked in disbelief, my voice cracking due to my silent sobs earlier.

“Savannah?” Zayn said with equal disbelief in his voice. “You stay here?” He added

“Yeah…This is my aunt’s house…” I said and added “more like jail…” in an undertone. He didn’t hear that apparently.

Zayn’s POV

So this was her aunt’s house…Now that makes the new girl neighbors with me!

I noticed her looking down and mumbling something to herself. She looked up and the light glistened water on her cheeks.

Tum ro rahi thi? (You were crying?) Why, love, what’s wrong?” I enquired. It pinched my heart somewhere deep down that Savanna was crying.

Nahi toh? (No!)” She said and rubbed the tears off her face quickly and gave me a toothy smile, which was fake.

“Move away from there…I’m coming over…” I said and took a few steps back to jump over the mere distance between our balconies.

One I reached there, I met up with brown wide eyes staring into mine with shock and suddenly they clouded with anger and confusion

“Why are you here?” She whisper-yelled and pushed me back with her small hands on my chest.

“Sav…stop” I tried shushing her, but no avail. She still kept pushing me with her fragile arms. I held her arms strongly so that she would stop hitting and pushing me and pulled her in for a tight hug.

I heard a gasp escape her at the sudden gesture, but seconds later, she struggled in my gasp. I released me hand off her wrist and ran it softly over her soft hair and tried to get her to calm down.

I softly patted her hair letting out a few “Shh…” s in between and she finally stopped protesting against my hold, but her body shook in sobs and finally I could hear her crying.

“Did someone do something at school?” I asked her gently and she shook her head against my chest. I held her shoulders, and left her from the hug, so I could see her face.

Her tannish, yet fair face was now all red and scrunched up. The whites of her eyes, too, showed a reddish tint. Fresh tears cascaded down her face.

She sobbed and said, “M-make it s-st-stop!”

I bent down so I could get a clear view to her face and asked, “Please tell me what’s wrong?”

“I…I m-miss my m-mum and dad…I w-wa-nt them right n-now!” She said and sobbed and out of nowhere, she hugged me and continued sobbing

"Why do everyone walk out of my life?" She sobbed

“Where are they? Are they back in India?” I asked, careful not to break this china doll in my arms.

She pulled away and muttered a light “Sorry” with a hiccough.

“They died in an accident….A-and I had to l-leave m-my best friend there…I have no one h-here…My aunt hates me…My parents died…and  I would l-love t-to join them soon!” She kept on crying.

“Shhhhh…Calm down” I said with difficulty as I felt my own eyes water up hearing her sad story.

I sat down on the cold tiled floor and pulled her down with me. She sat beside me, out bodies almost touching and she quietly sobbed.

“Hey…if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here okay? We’re gonna be good…scratch that…best friends from this moment on…” I promised to her.

 She looked at me, confusion lacing her features. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed, as if deciding against speaking.

“Thank you” She sighed after a comforting silence. And there was silence again, this time, it was quite longer

“You don’t thank your best friends…” I answered her, but felt no response. I turned to her and saw her head leaning against the railing of the balcony, peaceful sleep graced her whole body.

I stared at her for some time. She was definitely beautiful, no doubt in that. Her whole body suddenly slumped towards my direction and I held her in my arms. I moved away from there and laid her on the cold floor. I got up and picked her bridal style and walked towards her bedroom.

I laid her on the bed and I don’t know what came over me. I leaned in and give her a kiss on her forehead involuntarily.

Realizing my action, I moved away from her face, only to be pulled back by her death grip on the neck of my t-shirt.

“Have a good sleep, Savannah…” I whispered against her as I freed my shirt off her grip and checked the time.

1:32 AM

The time I felt something for this girl

I walked off from there and leaped to my own home, the faint scene of hers lingering around my senses.