30

Cina's point of view

I've grown to adore the beach.

Nothing but sand and water, a vibe if you will. We drove three hours just to come here and I'd do it again. There's nothing that makes me happier than spending my off days with the ones I hold dearly.

We've all been through a lot, college was a rollercoaster. We laughed, we cried, we fought, we loved, we fucked.

We were the series.

We were the movement.

Now look at us?

Married, kids, adopted kids, and careers. Who would've thought. It's been years and us with poly relations still get side eyed in public.

They're just mad I'm getting dick from two fine men and they can't get it from one even if they tried. I love Yeosang and Seonghwa for different reasons but they're both what makes me, me.

The two men in question turn around to look at me, Yeosang waves me over and I jog towards them.

Seonghwa: Okay baywatch.
Me: Shut up!

We watch as Yeonjun and Kai attempt to fly kites. They fail over and over until Minhyuk goes to help, he fails as well.

Santana facepalms before being super mommy, and of course she gets the kites in the air. The two teenagers and grown man tackle her into a hug.

"HELLLO!" IS ANYONE THERE?"

Jongho buried Wooyoung in the sand and forgot him, well more like he's ignoring him. San runs over and tries to help but begins to scream when he sees a crab.

San: It's a sea spider!
Elena: I want crab legs tonight, let's catch it!
Yuta: There will be plenty of that at our wedding.

I smile at the cute couple.

Speaking of couple..

I watch as Xiaojun and his new girlfriend Aerie walk hand in hand down the beach. Not that she needed it but she definitely gets the Cina stamp of approval.

She's nice and innocent, she also keeps Xiao out of trouble which is what we all wanted.

Even Santana..

Yeosang: I'm thinking of quitting my job.
Seonghwa: Quick everyone act surprised.
Yeosang: Shut up.
Seonghwa: I'm serious! Who the hell wants to be an account.
Me: People who go to school for it?
Seonghwa: They don't even want to, it's one of those jobs where it's like I suppose someone's gotta' do it.

Ah, blunt hwa.

Seonghwa: Regardless I'm happy you're finally choosing your mental health over that shitshow.

It's no doubt they both love me but they love and look out for each other just the same.

Yeosang: I'm going to spend a lot of time developing and expanding the pottery barn. I don't want it to be just pottery, I want it to be art period.
Me: I know a great business man that can help.
Seonghwa: What's his name?

Yeosang and I blink.

Me: You dummy!

He blushes.

Seonghwa: Of course, that's a good idea as well.
Me: And I can set up something where artists come visit the children on the fifth floor of the hospital.

Ah yes, my hospital expanded as well. It opened all new clientele as well as jobs. Life has been good.

And it's all thanks to those votes!

__

I wipe off my last surgery of the day. My brain is practically going to fall out of my head. I glance to the name next to mine and notice Ten has just as many surgeries as well.

I smack the nurse on top of his head.

Me: Stop scheduling all these surgeries in one day block head!

Jongho frowns.

Jongho: Is my big sister admitting defeat?
Me: Choi Jongho!

He went whining to my mom when I said I wouldn't hire him after he got his degree. She scolded me for three hours until I finally gave the big baby a job here.

Jongho: You had five surgeries today, were they all a success?
Me: Yep.

My hands are heavy like bricks but it's worth it for saving a life. The new dental assistant Mani comes down the hall smiling.

Mani: Chief can I borrow you for a second?
Me: Sure.

She pulls me aside and once we're away from Jongho she sighs.

Mani: This is going to sound unprofessional but I've been having counseling with YangYang..-

Should I run?

Mani: And he said I should live my truth in all aspects, so why I respect Jongho is your brother and an employee of this hospital I can't help but to be drawn to him.

I know she's not wasting my time with this?

Me: Sibling wise I don't care who he dates as long as they treat him like the prince he is. Boss wise I don't care either as long as professionalism is maintained while working.

You would've thought I said she won the lottery, her eyes light up and she runs to go talk to him.

Ah, we all are grown up aren't we?

___

:3