Return

{Eliza's POV}

I stumbled and fell out onto a sidewalk at the feet of two people. I was weak, I couldn't stand. My whole body ached with weird aches and pains. I felt movement by my head as if someone was picking me up or holding my head. My eyes burned and my back ached. I was drowsy as well. I could make out blonde short hair before I slipped into an unconscious state.

When I woke up I was on the couch in an apartment. I recognized the place almost immediately. This triggered a memory of the first time I'd been in Haruka's apartment. Only less girls and less cats. Only the ferret... what was his name...

"Eliza?" asked Haruka who had my head cradled in her lap. "Are you awake?" she asked. I blinked as I looked up at her. I smile a little. "Yeah.. I'm awake.." I said in a chocked out voice. I watched as Haruka's face soured a little. I couldn't tell why but then just as it appeared, the face on Haruka was gone, like it vanished. It was replaced with a concerned look. I blinked my eyes a bit. "where have you been?" asked the white ferret. I was kinda startled.

"I-I.. I don't remember.." I watched the ferret jump down from the side of the chair where it had perched itself onto my chest to get a good look at my face, I guess. What would it see on it?

I looked it straight in the eyes, the beady eyes, and almost wacked it away, but that would give away the secret.

My heart was beating so fast I thought someone would hear but then Haruka picked up the strange animal.

"You need to give her a bit of time before you start staring her down" She said. I was grateful, she saved me from that.

"But something isn't right. She-She would have said something to me.." The ferret said shrinking in Harukas hands. I do? Hmm, never noticed I guess. Haruka walked out of the room with the ferret and I heard talking in the room over. "What are they talking about?" I asked out loud too myself. I slowly got up from my seat as I saw Dillan appear.

"Have you done the job?" He asked.

"No. I haven't yet.. But I'm working-" HE cut me off rudely.

"Well hurry up" He said as he disappeared.

I sighed. "Man, I'm working my fastest." Haruka walked back into the room.

"Was someone just here?" She asked. I shook my head, Did she figure it out? Did she see Dillan? I looked at Haruka with hidden anxiety, but also Hidden anticipation for her to figure it out.  "I thought I heard someone." Haruka said looking at the place where Dillan had been standing. I still stared at her. Maybe she saw him, is she testing me? I just failed that test if she was.

Then I felt the ferret rest on my shoulders. I was startled a bit. "I'm sorry, Eliza, I jumped to conclusions.." he said softly.

[Trigger Warning! For chloroform esk scene! If that in any way triggers you please skip the next paragraph]

"Haruka, will you get me some water, please?" I asked. I need her out of the room. She nodded and left the room. I reached in my pocket where a small cloth with the sleeping potion on it. I held it too his snout and he thrashed a bit but ultimately went to sleep. "You will be asleep for a long time." I muttered as I saw Haruka walk into the room, a rather suspicious look in her eyes. "What's wrong Haruka?" I asked.