Chapter 22: Dressmaking and Protests

~~~Mettaton's POV~~~

I immediately headed back to the costume room and pulled the torn dress out. I then began drawing up a new design based off the old one and added a few things and changed others. The neckline was too high so I chose a different one. The skirt lacked the frills I wanted so I added ruffles and changed the color palette slightly. The bodice seemed to dull so I darkened the color and changed the pattern on it. I tried to maintain a certain class while making it look southern. I wanted to make sure it really screamed (Y/N)'s name.

I soon got out the right fabrics and set to work. I had less than 24 hours to have it ready so I had to be quick. Who knows when they'll be here tomorrow. I used some parts from the old dress in the new one. I took part of the skirt and made a layer of ruffles for the new dress. It seemed fitting. I made several more after that and soon I had an entirely new skirt. I began working on the bodice with a darker shade of (Y/F/C). I cut some silk off the roll and wrapped it around the mannequin. The color clashed with the ones in the skirt which meant I could use it. I then cut the soft fabric in other areas to shape the neckline and sewed the ends together along with the remaining edges. I just needed to attach the skirt and add the patterns in the sketch.

I embroidered different colors of flowers to the bodice before sewing the skirt on. The dress was complete and it looked amazing. It looked even better than the old one I previously made. I nodded proudly as I looked over the dress. (Y/N) will surely love this. I thought. Now, I had to find a suit that would match it. I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed the time. It was nearly 4:00 AM. I had worked 6 hours! Most dressmakers work longer than that on dresses in the modern day and they take breaks meaning they spread out their project over the course of a few days to a week. And they use more technology in their work! It's strange how one can have a sudden burst of energy to get something done last minute. Well, sort of last minute.

I then plugged myself in somewhere to recharge. I'd be lucky to rest a while before I have to get ready for a show.

~~~Your POV~~~

It was 6 AM. I was getting ready for school like always. Frisk had already left to start protesting and Ma was feeding the animals. After I got dressed I went downstairs to eat. I turned on the TV and switched it to the news. There wasn't much about the protests yet. All I saw were monsters being evacuated from their homes and marched towards Mt. Ebbott. Law enforcement has already started moving them. But they won't be doing this for long.

After breakfast, I grabbed my bag and left for the bus stop. It was still a normal day for most students. But for me, it was more than a normal day. As soon as the protests get more attention, everyone who got involved first will be saying I started them.

I had several reasons to be anxious. Those reasons included the school dance and the protest efforts. I know we made sure there wouldn't be anything wrong. But I was still worried about what could happen. Once I had taken my seat in the back with (Y/F/N), he/she reminded me to relax. He/She helped me stay calm on the ride to school. Eventually I did relax. I put those thoughts aside and held onto the hope inside me. We'd all need to hold onto the same hope if we were going to stand a chance against police and military forces to save monsterkind.

~~~Frisk's POV~~~

I was pulling together a crowd of humans and monsters to protest the anti-monster laws in the center of town. Each person had a sign or a special variant of America's flag. It was almost time for us to start and I had texted (Y/N), Mom, and Mettaton to tell them. (Y/N) told me she was ready to start protesting at her school with her best friend. Mom and Mettaton had already posted on social media about it. Mettaton was also about to do a live coverage of it on his news station.