Chapter 3: The Truth About Mettaton

(A/N: What up! Uni in da house! I would like to thank you all for reading. I know I shouldn't really be doing this so early in the story but I should give recognition to two amazing authors I think you'll love. These authors have helped me be a better writer and I will continue to support them.

PreuBischerPrinzPoat
&
ChaoticMultiverse

I will always support you and I love your stories. Go ahead and check them out if your looking for something to read. Their tales won't disappoint. Now, on with more country Mettaton x Reader!)

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. I was going to have a great day, I just knew it. I had so much energy I immediately got out of bed and went straight to my closet. I pulled out an emerald green shirt and a pair of jeans. This should help me see all the good things today.

I hoped last night's events were just a dream and Mettaton wasn't here. I went to the bathroom to shower before school. It was unfortunate we only had one bathroom but we made do. I don't know why Ma keeps buying me these bathbombs when I don't use them much. I mean, she always gets a huge container of'em and I rarely ever use them. I only use them when I need to relax and meditate. When I finished getting dressed, I headed downstairs and saw Mettaton standing over the stove. He appeared to be cooking something. I snuck into the kitchen to grab my bag before I left, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"Good morning, gorgeous!" he greeted me warmly. I froze as soon as I heard him. "Oh, uh, hey Mettaton." I said turning to him "Just heading to school and you don't have to cook anything, you know." He spun around to face me and I could tell he probably had a hangover. I didn't think he'd remember anything from last night but I still wanted to bring it up. "Oh, darling, it really isn't a problem!" he said cheerfully "I just thought you'd like a healthy meal before leaving." I didn't fully trust him yet nor did I trust his actions. Part of me was telling me he might've spiked or poisoned the food. I had to come up with an excuse so I could leave without running into situations that could provoke my anxiety. "No thanks. My school serves breakfast and I'm already taking an apple." I told him pulling a red fruit from our fridge "I appreciate the gesture, though." I then grabbed my backpack and proceeded towards the screen door.

"That's perfectly fine, sweetheart." he replied, taking the eggs and bacon out of the pan "Your mother already left by the way and she wanted me to tell you to have a great day." I stopped before opening the door and turned back to him. "Oh! I actually gotta ask ya something before I go. Do you remember anything from last night by chance?" I asked him quietly. He froze up for a moment before answering. "N-No. I don't remember anything, dear." he responded. He seemed sort of nervous. "Why do you ask? Did anything happen?" he question. He must've seen worry and concern all over my face. "Sort of. We can talk about it with Ma later." I replied, turning the handle "I gotta go. See ya later." I walked out and grabbed my bike. He simply waved from the kitchen window and watched me disappear.

~~~Mettaton's POV~~~
(Yes, I am going to write a few things for him in this book. I thought it would be interesting to know his thoughts and feelings in certain situations too.)

Why didn't I tell her I remembered everything from last night!? Why did I lie to her!? She deserves to know the truth and I just lied to her! I have to tell her about my drinking problem and smoking habit. I just have to tell her. But... How do I tell her? And when should I do it? I have to tell her eventually. It's only Tuesday and I remember Frisk saying something about going to this place called "church" every Sunday. I have to tell her before Sunday then. Or at least before they leave to go to church.