Chapter 9: Confession

~~~Mettaton's POV~~~

(Y/N) had overcome something huge tonight. She had managed to play in front of her family like she used to even though she doubted herself. She doubted herself but didn't let it stop her from singing and she was fabulous! Now, her she was. She thanked me for my wonderful encouragement and I was happy to have helped her, of course!  Something about her sitting close to me made me feel... Warm and fuzzy. Something about her kind personality made me feel warm and fuzzy. Something about her made me feel warm and fuzzy. I didn't know what to do. So, I tried to just be myself and act natural although, my entire face was probably glowing pink.

After sitting by the fire and making a few s'mores, Ms. (Y/L/N) and Frisk went inside while I still sat with (Y/N) outside. By this point she now had her head rested on my shoulder. I guess she'd had a long day and since she was peacefully sleeping. I then picked her up and had my Minitons help carry her guitar up to her room. I carried her with such care and gently laid her on her bed. She looked so beautiful in her sleep. She was truly an angel. She was the angel God had sent me. She was so pure and perfect that I felt undeserving of such beauty in my life. Oh, how broken my arms felt as I left her, sweetly dreaming of whatever it is young teenage human girls dream of.

Frisk had told me much about the average teenage girl and (Y/N) was nothing like them. Some girls would obsess over boy bands and wear very little clothing from time to time. Then, there were ones who'd wear mostly black and have pale skin and dye their hair goth colors. But of course, there were girls like (Y/N). Girls who wear baggy clothing and no makeup or very little, if any. Girls who are quiet and really kind. Girls who are normally at home on weekends or with a friend or two. Girls who in my opinion are gorgeous for being themselves and not always wearing a mask when they are with people who want them to be more like them. Girls who are angels, saints, and goddesses for being strong and fearless no matter what life throws at them.

I then went to my room where I found Frisk sitting on the bed, staring as I walked in. I sat next to her not knowing I was about to have an interesting conversation with her. "Mettaton, you seem to like my sister, don't you?" she asked sadly. I didn't understand. She's usually so determined and upbeat. But something seemed to make her upset for some reason. "If you do I'm not going to get mad because I've been kind of falling for Sans a little bit myself." she continued "I mean, I hope you're not upset about it. I have been busy trying to help monsters come up here and have homes, jobs, and lives and haven't had the chance to tell you. I'm sorry, Ton-Ton. I'm still doing all I can to get the president to pass a new law or act that'll let monsters live peacefully with humans here and I thought we were going in that direction but he changed his mind since you already got a job and are currently staying with us. He might be afraid of another war like the one that sent you underground."

My heart now sunk with such terrible news. I thought things were going to work but since the humans' president fears another war because I now have my own show, I guess sooner or later he might try to force us back underground. Not only that but Frisk has found someone else, the one monster who I don't hate as much as Burgerpants, Sans the Skeleton. But she also pointed out that I'm falling for (Y/N). I am indeed upset a little about this but what really concerned me was the president changing his mind. If he forced us back to the Underground I will never see them again. I won't see (Y/N), with all her beautiful traits, qualities, and features, again! And Frisk won't be able to see Sans meaning we won't EVER GET TO TELL THEM HOW WE FEEL!!! That might've been way more dramatic than it should. But you understand, right? RIGHT!? Okay, I'm overreacting BUT WHO WOULDN'T OVERREACT WHEN THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH SOMEONE IS AT STAKE!!! Not to mention I'll never get to expand my fanbase and I'll lose my job and be stuck performing for monsters. I enjoy performing for them but if I leave the surface my dream will be crushed and my soul would shatter as my heart will break.