тwelve

When Donghyuck woke up again he was met with the night sky. He looked around and saw he was on top of a building.

"Mark!" He called out, scared.

"I'm here!" Mark said as he held Donghyuck's hand.

"Mark, I don't want to." Donghyuck shook his head as he wrapped his arms around Mark's neck. "Don't make me." He cried into his shoulder.

"You have to! Please remember, Donghyuck!" Mark wrapped his arms around Donghyuck's waist as he hugged him tighter. "Please remember." Mark whispered.

"Donghyuck," Donghyuck turned around and saw a younger version of Mark near the entrance of the rooftop.

"What?" He turned to his left and saw a younger version of himself. "Why are you here?"

"I didn't mean what I said, Donghyuck." Past Mark said. "You know I wouldn't-"

"But you do!" Past Donghyuck cut of Past Mark. "I accepted that you hated me! I accepted that you didn't want to be friends! Why did you kiss me?" Past Donghyuck cried. "We were better off as strangers!" Past Donghyuck wiped his eyes.

"Don't say that." Past Mark went closer to Past Donghyuck. "You don't mean that."

"I do! Just stop giving me false hope!" Past Donghyuck looked at Past Mark.

"I like you! I really like you!" Past Mark yelled as he pulled Past Donghyuck into his arms.

"Do you know the difference of like and love?" Past Donghyuck asked as he was still in Mark's arms. "You like me, but I love you." Pase Donghyuck then looked into Past Mark's eyes. "It's difficult to explain why I love you. All you do is bully me and make me feel worthless." Past Donghyuck had tears in his eyes.

"This doesn't make sense." Donghyuck said to himself. "It looks calm. What's going to happen?"

"You're not worthless, Donghyuck. I'll be here with you and help you." Past Mark whispered in Past Donghyuck's ear.

Past Donghyuck shook his head. "...No. I'm...alright. I must be alright. Because no one has ever helped me..." Past Donghyuck muttered. "Sometimes, I wonder if anyone would be sad if I died." Past Donghyuck said. He then got out of Past Mark's arms. "My first thought would always be 'Mark wouldn't'." Past Donghyuck scoffed.

"Do-"

"Jaehyun told me four years ago that I shouldn't live for others. I should live for myself." Past Donghyuck smiled to himself. "This is my problem. Your help is useless."

"Donghyuck what are you talking about? Please stop this." Past Mark tried to grab Past Donghyuck's hand but he yanked his hand away.

"One day...I thought I'd be better off dead. I couldn't understand why dying was so scary. It made my mind go nuts." Past Donghyuck chuckled as he walked towards the edge. "I'm too far gone, Mark." Past Mark and Donghyuck were already running towards Past Donghyuck as he went to jump.

Past Mark held Past Donghyuck's hand as he tried to help him up. "Mark," Past Donghyuck cried. "Thank you," Past Donghyuck and Donghyuck said in unison. "I was happy that I met you."Past Donghyuck then slipped out of Past Mark's grip and fell.

"Donghyuck!" Past Mark cried. He then jumped after Past Donghyuck but ended up falling on a dumpster.

Donghyuck ended up at the ground where Past Donghyuck and Past Mark were. Past Mark groaned as he got up. "Donghyuck please be okay."

Past Donghyuck ended up surviving the fall but he got stabbed through the stomach with a sharp piece of metal.

"Mark," Pasf Donghyuck wheezed. Past Mark ran to him. Coincidentally they ended up in the alley that was between the bar and the red building.

"Donghyuck." Past Mark cried as he hugged Past Donghyuck closer to him. "You're going to be okay." He cooed. Donghyuck couldn't talk anymore. Mark felt him breathing but it was very faint. "You're going to be okay, baby." Mark then kissed his cheek.

"I..." Donghyuck started but Mark shushed him. "Lo-" Mark cut him off by kissing his lips.

"Shh, baby. Don't talk." Mark whispered. "I want you to stay longer." Mark kept his head on Donghyuck's chest. When he couldn't feel the faint thumping or hear Donghyuck's breathing, he still stayed.