Chapter 11.5: My Dear Xiao

"X—Xiao!!" Lumine lean forward with open arms and hugged him. Her arms locked together around his neck.

"Hey, be quiet. We don't want to wake that fairy up... and I'm not too keen of touch—so you can let go now."

"—Mmm!!" Lumine looked back at him and frowns with her puppy eyes.

"—!!" Xiao turns away from her. "Tsk, fine."

So, she continues to wrap her arms around him. "Hug me back"

"No."

"Yes."

"..." He sighed. He taps her back with one of his hands and then slowly progressively wraps his arms around her body.

"...I'm sorry...that it took long" Xiao mutters.

Lumine shakes her head. "It doesn't matter as long as you come to me at the end of the day." Said Lumine as she runs her fingers through the back of his hair.

Xiao then places his chin comfortably on her shoulders. "I'll come back to you whenever you call out my name... but I won't be able to stay long if that's ...acceptable..."

Lumine giggled. "Acceptable...? You're funny" "...but I'll call out your name even more often now... it doesn't matter how short we spend together. The fact that I'm able to see you will always warm my heart."

Upon hearing that, Xiao hugged her even tighter.

After a whole moment of embracing each other, came a squeaky voice out of nowhere.

"Eek. Disgusting."

Lumine turned to her side and instantly pushed Xiao away when she realized that Paimon has woken up.

"—Paimon!"

"Adeptus Xiao... and Lumine... Paimon knows that something was going on between you two but..." Paimon facepalmed.

Xiao looked away as he brings out his mask to cover his face.

"Xiao?! — Paimon I can explain!" Lumine looked at Xiao and then looked back at Paimon.

Paimon sighed. "It's fine. If you find a comfortable home in someone, you should stay close to them."

"Paimon is just a little shock. BUT Paimon shall give Paimon's blessings." Paimon crossed Paimon's arms and stare at Xiao.

Xiao scoffs. "Goodbye for now."

"—wait!" Lumine reaches out her hands to him, but he's gone.

"Paimon don't understand your choices of men. Xiao just left out of thin air, again." Paimon shakes Paimon's head.

"...Hey!— you know what, never mind. Let's head back to Katheryne to receive our rewards."

Lumine stood up and stomped away from Paimon. Lumine was so embarrassed that her face was flushed red.

"Hey, wait for Paimon! " Paimon couldn't help but continuously tease her on the way back.