Chapter 34

A mystical red entrance greeted us as we teleported out of the alpheus mansion. It was looming as if it was a cave made up of tree roots. Between the gaps of the tree roots there was an glowing red light shining through. The manwha didn't specify much about the location inhabitating the world tree-  but my memory isn't as good as you'd think. 

    Even so, I expected something a bit different than this. 

      "It looks like it was taken out of a horror movie," Athanasia said as she carefully touched the roots around us. 

     "The red light is a bit ominous but don't you think the white roots make it look ethereal?" I said cheerfully walking forward. 

      "Right, it looks like blood on snow." Athanasia said briskly following me. 

    We strolled through the entrance for a while which seemed to go on forever until we saw the cave gradually open up to become quite big. This happened until we reached the end and were met with a wider hall  with intricate golden branch designs scaling the walls and floors. Reds, whites and golds were cascading onto the wide hallway. We ventured through it when we reached a crossroads. 

      Athanasia threw her hand to her head and sighed, "Now where do we go?" 

      I was stumped here too actually. There wasn't much of a hint from the surrounding area. 

    "Unnie, didn't you bring a copy of the map." Athanasia muttered. I nearly gasped. my memory- is trash :) 

     "R-right..." I fumbled getting the map out of my bag. I opened it up and Athanasia peeked over my shoulder. 

     I saw a tunnel part which widened into the room we were in with the two crossroads. There were two handwritten notes on both of the two passages we were stuck at. The left note said a curious thing 'The trees defense system here is strong you could lose your life, but rewarding for the passage afterwards is short and easy." The right one said, "The trees defense system is weak but large numbers, the passage after this is very long and exhausting' 

"Both of them lead to the world tree proper," Athanasia said. 

   "Lets do the left one," I decided. 

   "Just what I was thinking," Athanasia replied. 

      Actually I was going to pick the right one but I had a guess Athanasia wouldn't allow that so I gave up before the argument shhh. 

 Quietly we walked through the left one and suddenly we saw the brightest light possible before the light dimmed and we were greeted to something unexpected. It was like a gladiater arena, white collumed structures with box seats in a rounded area. The arena's ground was a light brown dirt flat and with barely any blemishes. The top of the arena was almost a globe of glass which showed above it was a blue mystical sky. It looked similar to how the world tree's sky looked like in season 2. We were close. 

   On the other side of the collusiam was a large rounded exit shrouded in darkness with bars in front of it. What I failed to notice was the humanoid figure fighting a terribly large creature. Huh. 

Man looks familiar. 

     "LUCAS!" Athanasia yelled as she spotted him. Ah yes, best boy found. 

   He looked towards us just as he finished killing the creature. Athanasia nearly sprinted to him and there was a great reunion as she jumped to hug him. I walked much slower up to the two of them. 

    "What- What are you two doing here?" Lucas asked looking confused. I smiled looking him over. Short hair now, and wearing a blue cape.

      "We found a book, unnie said we might be able to help papa with it," Athanasia explained. He looked over at me, "A book." Silently, I took out the copy of the books that led us here. Lucas grabbed them and turned the pages, "What's wrong with your dad?" 

      "My mana... it went out of control and Papa lost his memories while trying to ...save me," Athanasia said looking down. 

     "Well, it's not your fault lmao," Lucas said as he flipped through the pages, "Don't worry too much." 

   In an instant, I could see the relief in her face as she smiled at him. 

   Within 7 years, it seems they grew close. 

He looked up at me, "when did you get back? I heard you went missing a while ago, there was quite a commotion for you." 

    "...Yes, I got back a few days after you left." I replied. 

He laughed, "And all of that happened while I was gone." 

     "Yeah, I've been thinking this for a while but why- why are have you been here for so long? the entrance to get here is pretty simple-" Athanasia spoke. 

"time works a bit differently than you'd think in this place. Here it's been a week already since you got here." Lucas explained. 

    "A WEEK?!" Athanasia almost yelled. 

   "Yeah, a week," Lucas said nonchalantly, "And this last trial is a bit harder than you think. I've been finishing off the weak monsters but in a few minutes, the final monster will be dropped here. Once that happens..." 

    He looked at both of us, "You two will be a hassle." 

    "A hassle?" I asked, "You're kidding." 

    "I'm not, it's not like I have time nor energy left to kill that thing while also protecting you two," Lucas explained, "I say this truthfully, don't take it badly."

   "No, I understand but I am more talented than you think," I replied a bit irritated. 

   He smiled, "Good, then I have one less thing to worry about." 

   I smiled back, "It'd be bad to get athanasia into the fight though. Her magic is just developing at the moment." 

    "...Right," Lucas replied. The both of us stared at her until she got mad and yelled, "SO i guess I'm just a thing keeping the both of you down!" 

   "You explained it perfectly," Lucas replied at which Athanasia hit his head. 

   "You could've lied a bit to not hurt my feelings damn it-" she spouted. 

   "I have a good idea," I walked up to athanasia, "How about I teach you some of my magic." 

    "Your magic?" Athanasia questioned. 

     "Yes, my magic. It's a bit advanced but temperorily I can give you full use of the knowledge and power I have for a short time. During that time, I would still have my power but you'd also have it and you could be a better use for the fight." I replied. 

    "Unnie, That would be the best course of action," Athy responded eagerly as I placed two fingers on her forhead. 

     Lucas looked at me questioningly, it was the first time he would get to see my magic up close. I carefully recited the spell, "Toma mi poder, toma mi poder. Tendrás el poder de un dios." 

     "what type of language is that?" Lucas asked as he watched blue flowing light burst from the area my two hands were meeting with Athanasia's forehead. I smiled knowingly, "It's spanish." 

.