Chapter 10

"Nicolette unnie! I drew you a picture!" Athanasia yelled in her new dress. She gave me a picture and smiled cutely. I blinked a few times as she handed it to me. I looked down at it. It was a very bad drawing of me but It had sparkles around me. "....."

       Bro, This is so bad.

      "It's beautiful, thank you very much." I replied with a radiant smile. She blushed a bit while smiling at me. 

       She then waddled over to Claude who was on his throne. 

       "Did you meet anyone on your way here?" Claude asked disinterestedly as she walked up the steps to meet him. 

        "Mr.Whitey!" Athanasia yelled. Mr.White? HIm? lol. 

         "Mr.Whitey?" Claude asked.

        "Yeah, cause He looks like a white doggy!" Athanasia yelled happily. Claude put his hand over his mouth and tilted his head to hide his amusement. He smirked. 

        "Quite fitting for a man who like a dog won't stop barking." He mused. 

       "Now that I think of it, I believe Sir Alpheus has a boy around the same age as the princess," Felix said. OH. Smashed keyboard. That guy. To be honest, I never really liked him. Damita wasn't very fond of him either, so while we were reading together I'd often make fun of him by calling him, "Smashed Keyboard" because his name looked like someone smashed their keyboard. 

       To be honest, out of Athanasia's love interests I was a lucas fan. 

      "JUst imagine two children running around the palace gives me nightmares." Claude replied, irritated, "And on top of that, it's the alpheus's boy."

        Athanasia looked down a bit, she must've been curious. Suddenly, Claude got up and picked her up. No, not really. He wasn't picking her up, he was dangling her from his hand! ?! 

       Yesss queen, holding ur daughter like that is so hip right now. We stan fathers who dangle children from their hand! Athanasia stayed quiet, not realizing. Suddenly she had a terrified face on. 

       "As I thought, Heavy." Claude said. 

       "Your majesty, you musn't call the princess that. She's a child..." I muttered. He shrugged before walking behind his throne and into his secret resting place full of pilows. 

       "I've been bothered by noisy complaints since early today, It has made me tired." Claude remorsed as he went inside and laid down. He fell asleep instantly. 

        She looked shocked. "Nicolette, come in here too." He called for me. I tilted my head, "Your majesty, how can I possibly-"

        "You've never cared for formalities before, why care now?" Claude asked. WHat? Never cared for formalities! I feel like hiding away in a hole. I slowly came inside, with tears in my eyes. 

       There was a few moments of silence as Athanasia and I sat across from each other while Claude casually slept in the middle. We stared deep into each other's eyes. But then it got awkward so both of us looked away sweating. 

       "That time, that song. Sing it for me." Claude said. 

           "Song?" Athanasia asked nervously. 

         "Yes, you called it the chase away bad  dreams song or something." Claude said, still laying down. 

           "Ah yes, the 'Bye Bye' baby song." Athanasia recalled.