12. Molded by This

A.N. This chapter begins from the perspective of Aidan.

I sat there, with my mouth agape and thoughts bouncing around in my skull. Wolf is here and alive, and why did Kitty keep this from me? She must have had a good reason for this if he is sitting here right in front of me. The smirk hasn't left him because he hasn't seen me taken back by something like this, and if I am honest, I thought that he died, or was I seeing a ghost?

Wolf put his hood back up, hiding his now bald head. He must have shaved his head to blend in better. Green hair suited him, but if it needed to be done, then so be it. "Kitty must have kept you in the dark, huh?" I still didn't know how to respond.

His deep brown eyes were there as all of his blackened piercings covered his eyebrows, lips, and nose. "Y-yeah..." I answered, but I followed it with a question. "Why are you here?" I am back to reality.

Wolf kept his cocky and coy appearance with that same smirk, but it started to crack before he managed to answer my question. "The short answer - my team got captured or killed; The long answer - it's complicated, man." Now, the tired look in his eyes shined through with a bit of despair.

"Fuck..." I sighed it out since I had no other words. I felt partial to the blame. "I'm sorry. I would not have asked for you to be sent in if I knew that it was just for me..." No longer could I look him in the eye. If I am honest, he would have done it, but he knows that I am opposed to using people as sacrificial pawns.

He gave me a confused look. "Just for you? Dude, Kitty never explained why we were doing it?" Wolf wanted to take a sip of his coffee but paused and put it down, now massaging the bridge of his nose.

I was more confused than ever. "Wait, then why?" There was a hint of anger in my voice. Why does Kitty not trust me to keep me in the loop?

Wolf leans in while trying to keep his voice down, "Dull Blade has produced results, and there have been a few rumors that were up in the air until we found out..." He is waiting for my response as he shoots a few looks around the room.

In a way, he was right, Kitty has been going behind my back, but I have to know why. "I assume that you know-" Wolf cuts me off with a solemn nod. She must have told him what I told her about the thing seven years ago. I was their experiment, and I can assume she had found my file in the documents, I am afraid that she knows more...

"Then why have you come here if Kitty has made sure that I am not in the crossfire?" Venom was dripping off of those words.

Wolf leans back into his chair and stretches his arms before sipping his coffee. "Aidan..." Wolf tries to be gentle, "both of us know that you can get a bit carried away." He does the air quotes before finishing, "Her words not mine." I scoff at that and take a sip of my coffee. "Dude, you needed that break," Wolf responded to my implied sentiment.

I decided to ignore that. There is no time for breaks or to relax, and I had spent enough time sitting on my ass doing nothing - half a fucking year suffering constant assaults from him. "SO, why are you here then?" Still, venom in my voice. I might have been a bit too fired up from finding out that Kitty keeps hiding things from me. She might still be angry at me for Sebastian... I would understand that because I am still angry at myself, to put it lightly.

"We were trying to find out where the project is being developed, but it was a fucking ruse." His hand is clenching tightly around the cup, and some light wisps of smoke are rising from where his hand meets the cup. I look at it and nod in the direction, Wolf notices and lets go of it the moment I do so. The spots where his fingertips met the paper are blackened. "We got nothing but a few field reports and some info about the agents and targets, but some other stuff caught our attention. The firm working as a private investigation company is being slowly folded into the command structure of the yellow shits." He spurted that out with anger, clenching his jaw to not be too loud. We hear the door to the back of the employee room close and Wolf relaxes as he hears it but gives me his trademark smirk. "And we found that there is a powerful holder around these parts."