Goodbye

I stood at his grave, dead. 'Beloved Marcus Baker. Loved more than humanly possible.'
'Annabella Baker beloved daughter and angel.'

I stared and stared, praying that magically the names would disappear and Marcus would hold me. Belle would be asleep in my lap. Full of life. I didn't know how long I'd been standing there, nor did I care. I was a walking corpse. I was pale, I hadn't eaten. The box, Marcus and I's memories. I kept held tightly in my hands. "You can do this, Sky Baby. Remind me of all the times we shared." I saw his figure beside me, his voice making my ears perk up.

"Remind me what I can't have back." And just like that, he wasn't there. I sat down, opening the box. He had started taking new pictures of us. New memories to keep.

"I didn't think this would have been the last date

"I didn't think this would have been the last date." I bit my lip, trying to control the overwhelming feeling to scream out cry after cry. "I didn't think that was it." My voice was weak, shaky, and hoarse. It felt as if he was still kissing my forehead, yet at the same time he was so far away and an empty feeling spread through my chest. I could feel him here, but at the same time I couldn't. It felt like our relationship was fading. I was forgetting things I was trying to hold on to.

 I was forgetting things I was trying to hold on to

It's been a month. Everyday that went by, was spent standing, sitting, lying down whatever position I was in, I was at their graves. "I wanna hear your voice, and not just in my head... I want to hear you say you love me. Out loud." My voice hasn't been the same. It was weak, hurt even. Hurt from the constant screaming of my nightmares. The team was visibly worried about me. Worried that I wouldn't make it out of this one. After everything, I didn't think I would be able to get past this either. When he... I felt like a part of me died with him. The happy part of me. The part of me that wasn't filled with self hate.