Chapter 1

Natasha POV

"After Clint died and the battle was over I went into hiding. I went into a dark place and I didn't want to come out again," I explained to Fury.

"I'm sorry about Clint but we need you now," Fury said.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I need your help finding someone," Fury said.

"Who?"

"Her." he said and pointed to the picture on the screen.
~

Y/n POV

"Hey, Ms. Evelyn," I said.

"Ah, my favorite customer! How's life been treating you?" she asked.

"Not very good but I guess that's my fault," I laughed.

"Oh, don't worry it'll all work out in the end." she assured me. "So, you find anyone yet?"

"No I have not and I'm sorry but I still won't go out with your daughter," I said.

"Well, why not? She smart, talented, and cute and I love you just as much ad I love her." she explained.

"Your daughter is beautiful Ms. Evelyn and she deserves better than me," I said, put the money for my stuff on the counter and left.

It's a good thing I went to college before I became Doctor Poison and that I never let anyone know that I was her. It's easier to find a job when they think you're just like everybody else.

It took a while for everyone to adjust when half the world came back but not me. See when half the world left it didn't have much affect on me. I guess years of isolation does that to a person.

When I got to my apartment door something felt a bit off. I normally opened the door and made it seem like I didn't notice the person lurking in the darkness of my living room. I shut my door and locked it and slid off my coat.

"I know you're there," I said and turned on the light lamp. I didn't look at the person. "What do you want?"

"You know what." he said.

"How did you find me?" I said anger rising in my voice. I still didn't look at the figure that I could hear was slowly walking towards me.

"A little birdie sung your name, y/n." he voice was filled with spite as he whispered my name into my ear. A shiver drew down my spine.

"No birds know my name," I said finally turning to face him. I kicked him in the stomach and sent him stumbling back into the wall.

I grabbed one of the knives from my thigh holster underneath my dress. The knife was pure silver hand crafted by myself and it had my favorite poison embedded into it.

"Pure silver dipped in Deadly Nightshade," I said as I geld the knife against his throat. "Quite a combination don't you think. Now, start talking or I start cutting."

"Fine." he said and put his hands up to surrender.

"How do you know my name?" I asked calmly.

"I told you, a little birdie told me," he said. I grabbed him by the collar and slammed him into the wall again, then regained my position with my knife against his throat. "Alright, alright. A little organization, called S.H.I.E.LD. The director knows who you are."

"How did he find out?" I growled.

"I don't know. I have a guy on the inside but the only thing he could find out was your name." he said.

"I don't do that anymore," I assured him and backed away. "Now get out and don't ever speak my name to anyone. Understand?" he nodded in response. I let him walk to the door before my knife drew into his head. "Liar."

His body fell to the ground as blood spilt from his skull and the poison did it's job. I walked over to his limp body and took the knife out of his head.

"You ruined a my night." I said as I looked over his body. "Now, who is this friend of yours?" I asked and grabbed his phone.

I looked through his contacts and messages.

Unknown:
Diego, I found her.

Diego must be him. I thought and glance at the body.

Diego:
Who is she?

Unknown:
She's a kindergarten teacher in Brooklyn.

Diego:
A teacher? Are you sure you got the right girl?

Unknown:
Fury's been all over her recently. Her name is (Y/n) (L/n).

If you want her you're gonna have to act fast because he's sending the Black Widow after her.

Fuck. I thought. Just when I thought I was in the clear.

I picked up the dead man and threw him in one of the old body bags I have. I couldn't just leave the mess here because that would give me away. I cleaned the bloodstains from the carpet and anywhere else I could find and threw the body bag out my window.

Underneath the widow was a open dumpster in an alley way so it's not like anyone saw me. I packed my bags, took a shower to get the blood and dead guy stench off and changed into a new outfit. I packed lightly so I wouldn't look suspicious and then I left.

I didn't look back to the place a had called home for years now or the amazing job that I had. I just left. No warning to anyone I knew. With no clue on where I was headed. I just needed to get away.

Natasha POV

"She's not here," I said into my earpiece.

"Try the store across the street," Fury instructed.

I walked out of the apartment and made my way to the store on the other side of the street. When I walked in the smell of mothballs and apples filled the air.

"Welcome," said a lady from behind the counter. She looked like she was in her early 50's, with grey hairs starting to grow and wrinkles starting to form under her eyes. "How can I help you?" she asked.

"Do you know a woman named Y/n L/n? In her mid-twenties about 5'4. She's a kindergarten teacher at the school down the street?" I asked.

"Yeah, I know y/n. She's my number 1 customer. She lives in the apartment building across the street," she explained. "How do you know her?"

"Just old friends," I lied. "I went to her apartment but she doesn't seem to be there. Is there anywhere she might be that you know of?"

"Um, she goes to the cemetery a lot." she said.

"The cemetery?" I asked.

"Yeah, I don't know if she visits someone or just walks through there but I see her there a lot," she said. "Sorry I couldn't be anymore help."

"No, you've been a great help. Thank you." I said.

"Hey, when you see her, tell her that my daughter's waiting for her to ask her out." she laughed.

"I will." I said and left the store. "Fury, you get all that?"

"Yeah, the cemetery's two blocks down. Go check it out and te me what you find." he said.

"You got it." I said and walked towards the direction of the cemetery.