1. The first step

Enjoy!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

George Davidson took a deep breath and stepped into the small café. The strong scent of coffee and freshly baked pies and bread filled his lungs the second he entered. This place is nice... Nothing has changed in the slightest, so how bad can this be? He tries telling himself. It was the first time returning to this town ever since he moved away from it as a child. The memories of his childhood quickly came flooding back, but he shifted his focus. He was here for one thing now:

The money.

Starting a new life in a completely different --yet so familiar-- environment can be difficult. Therefore you first need to understand yourself good enough to make such a decision. Who are you, really? You might decide quickly and not give it another thought, but will it lead up to stupid consequences? The answer to that question can only be given once it's too late.

His brown eyes scanned the place as he notices a woman looking up at him from a table in the corner. That has to be her. His thought gets confirmed as she waves and mentions for him to come over. "You're George, right?'' The neat voice spoke, barely audible through the loud talking of the other. "Yes hi, nice to meet you, ma'am. " George kindly smiles and sits down in the chair, facing the blonde woman.

"Yes, same here! You're my last hope, I've tried so much to get him to talk... " She said, a hint of desperation easy to hear. She placed a coffee in front of him, one that she had ordered as she arrived. George nodded and took a sip of his coffee. "Correct me if I'm wrong but... You want me to be friends with your son, so he eventually starts to trust me and speak? "

"Exactly." She shoves a notebook over the table towards George, "But he can't know that I hired you." George hummed and grabbed the notebook. "Anything I need to know about him? Things he likes to do, for example. "

" He loves to draw and paint" She explains. The brunet opens the book and slowly looks through it.

His eyes widened and flicked over the paper. Most of the drawings are of human bodies and faces. "He's good..." George says, still looking at especially one drawing.

It's beautiful. Two men...kissing. The taller male has one hand around the shorter man's neck and the other hand cups his face, meanwhile the smaller man's hands are placed on the taller man's chest. The details, the shading. Everything is perfect.

George stares at it, every other second he spends looking at it, the more details catch his eyes. Like the veins on the hands or the tiny freckles on his nose and cheeks.

"George?"

"Oh- sorry, I zoned out for a second" He said, feeling a little embarrassed. "Is there anything else I need to know? What makes him upset? "

"Uh.. Don't raise your voice at him, he's really sensitive for that. When he starts to feel safe around you he will give you hugs at really random moments." She chuckles before continuing her sentence.

"He's shy, really shy. He will hide his face with his hands, hide behind you or he will just bury his face in your hoodie. "

"That's kinda cute" George admits. He could imagine how adorable it must look.

She nodded and got up, "I need to go now, I'll text you the address"

"Alright, see you tomorrow" George took another sip as he lowered his eyes, noticing the notebook that was left on the table. "Hey! You forgot the notebook. "

George jumped up and handed it back... But she refused and placed her hand on George's with a kind smile, "You seem to be really liking these drawings. Take a better look at them if you want, you can always bring it back later. "

"Oh uhhh, sure. I definitely will." George smiled and watched the woman walk away.

He slides the book in his backpack and softly chuckles. For the first time in so long... He feels like he's actually doing something right.

I will try to find a new start in an town with personal history

This is a good change for me,
finally...