11. The Darkest Hours Of The Night, Might Be The Brightest.

He had a plan. Some kind of theory to get him to talk again. It was easy to figure, but difficult to do. Dream spoke when he was scared. When he felt some kind of terror.

I just need to...recreate that.

The sun switched shifts with the moon as George takes a deep breath, his lungs filing with the cold air. The air is so pure during this time of year. He hears the door that leads to the roof open and turns.

It's Dream,
Just like he had planned for.

Dream's eyes widened as he noticed how damn close George was to the edge. He used hand signals to tell the boy to walk back over to him, although he knew he wouldn't see that.

But George didn't move away, instead, he stepped forward and looked down.

"Stop." Dream harshly whispered, "Get back here." Since George's back was facing him. George smiles in pleasure, knowing that Dream can't see his face from that angle. The brunet brings the cigarette to his lips and inhales, "I need to tell you something."

Dream slightly trembles as he forced himself to step forward. The height is getting on his nerves, and so is George. "Don't inhale that." He whispers again, his voice now getting a little louder, "It's bad for you!"

"Your mum pays-" George started, but before he could even finish his sentence, Dream had interrupted him. "Don't talk, get back here." His voice has become louder, almost close to yelling.

"Dream, you don't get what I'm talking about-" George tried before immediately being cut off by him once again. "What? I don't want you this close to the edge. Why are you not listening to me?!" Dream pleaded as George slightly backed away, a tear rolling down his cheek, guess I'll tell him another time.

The wind rushes past him, making his hair dance in front of his face. "Dream..."  George muttered, "Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do..."

"You're lying." He stepped closer to the edge, slightly smiling and breaking character. He let himself fall forward. Dream gasps and screams his name as he faded out of view.

"George!" Dream didn't think, he just reacted and ran to the edge, his breath stuck in his throat. With trembling legs, he looked over the edge, seeing that the brunet hasn't fallen to his death. George clutched for a balcony and pulls himself back up. The wind stung in Dream's eyes that were close to filling up with tears. He was looking at George in pure terror as he tried to get some words out, "You- You..."

Dream stopped talking, he had a hard time forming sentences. "What the fuck is wrong with you!" He yelled, to which George started smiling in the slightest.

"That's not-" Dream gasps for air, "That's not funny." He was broken with fear and pushed George down onto the roof, "I thought you jumped." His voice breaks back into a whisper again. He sounded as if he was driven half insane by the emotions.

"I used to be into freerunning when I was a child. I know how to catch onto something." George spoke, trying to calm down from the adrenaline rush.

"Why would you do that." Dream whispered.
And in some way, this gave him an unsettling, but mysterious feeling. It made him realize how little they know about each other. Who's George, really? "That scared the shit out of me."

"All you've ever done is whisper." George said as he slowly got up, walking closer to the blonde, "I want you to trust me."

"This isn't the right way, you idiot." He spoke on normal volume, "You could've died." George placed his hands on Dream's shoulder, slowly sliding them down to his chest, "Wai- wait, wait. What are you doi-" Dream whimpers, to which George paused and raised an eyebrow, an smile growing on his face.