Budding Romance

"Unnie!" Somin screamed from across the building, waving while running to me.

"Somin you're here so early" I responded.

"They said if we came early today, we'll get extra money"

"Yah, you make it sound like it's real money"

"Ah. I meant money for the missions hahahah"

Somin was cheerful as always. Thinking back, I don't think there was ever a day she came to work sulking or feeling upset. I admired her for that and it reminded me of how I was when the show just started.

"Woah does this mean I'm third?" a voice could be heard behind us.

When we turned to see who it was, we found Seokjin oppa wearing a normal looking buttoned up shirt but once he turned around, there was a picture of Garfield on his shirt.

Somin began to laugh histerically at the sight of the cat on the back of his shirt but even oppa found it amusing.

"Ah hyung what is that on your shirt?" Jaesuk oppa said as he entered the building.

"Why? What's wrong with it? It's cute isn't it Somin?" Seokjin tried to bring justice to his outfit.

"Yeah oppa but not on you. Only a child could pull that off" Somin laughed.

"Jihyo say something" Seokjin desperately looked for a partner who thought the same.

"Oppa what do you want me to say? It's cute but funny" I told him.

Just then, Jongkook came striding in with Haha, having their own conversation and laughing together.

We took a glance at each other and smiled, keeping it discreet from everyone else. It's been two weeks since we decided to get back together and during the first week, we struggled a lot to pretend everything was normal.

Though, Haha seems like he knows something just by the way he acts and looks at us sometimes but for everyone else, it's been the same.

Despite having to hide our relationship, somehow we felt more comfortable with hiding than having everyone know about us. It's to the point where even our parents don't know about us.

"Come on everybody, let's start this show" Jaesuk oppa ordered.

We all followed Jaesuk oppa to the opening site while continuing to make fun of Seokjin oppa's shirt. I was convinced, they wouldn't stop while even shooting the opening and my suspiscion was right.

After a good two or three hours of shooting, we finally had a break. We didn't have guests this week so it felt more comfortable to be ourselves and joke around however we liked even though most of us already did that.

"Hyung I've been looking at the articles. Is it true you and that noona are getting close?" Kwangsoo blurted out.

"Ohhhh is that why you look like you're in love Kookjong?" Jaesuk teased.

"I bet you they're dating. Good thing I didn't bet my fortune on that" Seokjin chimed in.

All I thought of was Seokjin oppa going bankrupt if he ever found out about us. Somehow, I kind of wanted to see it happen now that they were talking about Jongkook dating someone else.

He was on the other side of the table, far away from me but I could still sense him looking my way. He probably wanted to make sure I was okay about their teasing. I couldn't react anyway.

"Hyung I heard you already spent your monthsary together" Sechan chimed in.

Jongkook suddenly choked on the water he was drinking after hearing that, making everyone laugh.

"It must be true then" Somin observed.

"Congratulations Jongkook" Seokjin greeted him.

Unable to listen further, I excused myself to the bathroom when in reality, I hid at the end of the hall, away from everyone.

Little did I know, Jongkook followed me out giving the same excuse as I did.

"Oppa what if they become suspiscious?" I asked him as he put his hands on my arms.

"Let them think what they want" he chuckled.

"Not funny. I'm serious. They think you're dating Yejin. If they catch us, they might think you're cheating too"

"They're crazy to even think that when they know I'm only in love with you"

My lips slightly formed a smile but I didn't want to make it too obvious that what he said made me happy instead of cringing.

"We should go back before they start looking for us" I said.

I broke free from his grasp and jogged back into the room. Luckily, they didn't question us since they were too busy looking at their phones with some of them lying down on the ground.

I sat back down beside Haha who was the furthest away from everyone. He kept giving me looks as if he was trying to imply something until he finally spoke.

"Is it a coincidence you both needed to go at the same time?" he whispered in my ear.

At that moment, I realized he knew something was up. If it was that obvious for him, it was only a matter of time before everyone else found out.

"What do you mean?" I played dumb.

Our conversation was cut short when the producer informed us that we were shooting again but what he said stuck in my mind.

As everyone started to leave the room, I caught Jongkook's eyes and signalled for him to stay a while when everyone left. I walked up to him in distress and he already looked worried.

"What's wrong" he asked.

"Haha oppa knows something. What if he tells the others and the same thing will happen again. It's only been two weeks and it's going to crumble down that fast?" I panicked.

"Look, calm down. I'll have a talk with him and find out if he reallys knows or is just messing with you" he assured.

I didn't want the discussion to prolong since everyone was waiting and might become suspiscious of us so I left it at that to join the rest of the members.

The thought stayed at the back of my head but the show needed to continue. I tried to forget it but every time I looked at Haha, it was all I could think of.