Identity Revealed

A week long wait and finally it was the day. Coming back to the station, nearly everyone I met eyes with seemed to be talking about me.

The article was still trending and nearly all of the staff from the broadcasting station was talking about it.

"Are they dating again?"

"Wow. Do they not learn?"

"Didn't they get in trouble before?"

These were all the words I heard from people as I passed by them.

I couldn't believe how fast rumors travelled. I kept rethinking about it in my head, thinking of ways we can avoid the issue.

We could always deny it but would people believe in us?

"She'll just break his heart again. He's too good for her. All she knows is to sleep and drink and Kim Jongkook despises drunkards. She should let him move on for his sake"

That was the last straw for me. The woman coming out of the toilets with her friend blurted those words out not realizing I was just outside.

The whole situation already annoyed me but she pissed me off even more. I had a cup of coffee in hand after just coming from the cafe and thought of throwing it at her.

She stopped in her tracks when she met my eyes and the look of shock was visible on her face. I didn't know who she was but to make such assumptions about me and Jongkook was unforgiveable.

How could people talk bad about others without knowing them first?

Suddenly, a someone grabbed onto my free hand and started to drag me along with them, far from the women who just talked bad about me.

I took another glance at the woman, glaring at her before allowing the man to drag me further away.

When he finally let go of my hand, I was shocked to find Song Junho in front of me.

"Junho-ssi?" I murmured, mortified to see him and also afraid he heard what the woman said.

"Please don't get the wrong idea. I saw your hand shaking as if you were ready to throw that cup at her and she already looked afraid of you" he explained.

"Why would I... I mean, I wouldn't do such a thing"

"I heard what she said about you and I would have done the same but, I didn't want you to ruin your reputation because of one person. Everyone has their tough days"

He seemed so understanding but I still wondered if he knew about Jongkook and I or if he thought the article was about us.

It would be great if he found out anyway but it still wouldn't be right.

"Do you... perhaps... know- I was cut short mid sentence.

"I'm aware you two dated"

Dated.

Past tense.

"Oh. You know" I frowned.

"I accidentally found out"

"Yes by everyone in this building"

"Are you upset about it?"

"No it's fine. I mean yes I'm upset about the rumors which is based off nothing"

"I see. I'll take your word for it. They're only rumors right?"

My gaze which were on my cup of coffee diverted to Junho after hearing him ask if the 'rumors' weren't true.

I was speechless knowing the truth and I couldn't tell him. My lips slightly parted as I thought of something to respond with.

"You're going on set now right?" he added.

"Yes. Oh god they must be waiting"

"I'll come with you"

"To...to the set? Why?" I blurted out.

"I have to talk to the producer" he chuckled as if he sensed my awkwardness.

Upon arriving on the set we were to shoot the opening scene in, I saw Kwangsoo, Haha and Jongkook gathered together at the corner.

I ran up to them and the closer I got, the more I saw they looked worried. I hoped it wasn't about the article because I have had enough of the rumors going around and people talking bad about us.

"Noona, you're here" Kwangsoo greeted.

"What's happening?" I asked them.

"Apparently the article was about Somin and Sechan" Haha filled me in on the information.

Although I felt relieved hearing that, I also felt worried for the two. They were talking to the producers in another room and couldn't help but be reminded of the time that happened to us.

My memories of that day were as clear as day, I felt bad for them to be going through the same thing.

"They're coming out, they're coming out" Haha announced, looking towards the room they were in.

The producer opened the door and came out with Junho followed by Somin and Sechan.

"What was he doing in there with them?" Jongkook questioned, talking about Junho.

"Do you not know who he is?" Kwangsoo whispered.

"Do you know who he is? Besides the fact he's Jaesuk hyung's friend?" Haha spoke.

"Yes. I thought everyone was supposed to know him"

Before any of us could respond to Kwangsoo's comments, the producer asked for everyone to gather including the staff and other members.

"Everyone, I would like you all to personally meet the vice president of SBC, Song Junho" the producer revealed.

Everyone started clapping at the mention of his name including Kwangsoo while the rest of us, our jaws just dropped not realizing who he really was.

"He's the vice president of the broadcasting station?" Haha exclaimed.

"So you really didn't know" Kwangsoo responded.

"No, we didn't" I said, still amazed at the fact Junho had such an important role but never mentioned it to us.

When he said he worked under the president of the company, that was what he meant?

Why didn't he just straight forwardly say it?

Did that mean he's the one handling Somin and Sechan's case about the dating rumors?

Jongkook and I looked at each other with fear in our eyes.

If Junho was the vice president, that meant we had to be extra careful about the way we acted in front of others.

Especially since the rumors originally thought it was about us, we couldn't afford letting another person know, especially Song Junho.