#9 Oh No...

Rowen brought her to a corner lonely corner and nearly threw the zebra right onto the wall. "Have you been sticking to what I said? Have you been leaving him alone?" she asked Zee. 

"Yeah...I've been," Zee said, coldly. "It was 'fun'," she added, her voice dripping with sarcasm. However, Rowen ignored her tone.

"Excellent. Well, you can go now." Rowen said, making a motion that looked as though she were shooing away Zee. Zee just rolled her eyes and stalked off, thinking of every curse word she could hurl at the robin.

"What was all that about?" Zuzy asked when she noticed her sister walking towards them. "Oh...just...homework..." Zee replied. "Homework? I didn't know you were that close to discuss about homework. You two barely communicate-" George said.

"Never mind about that," Zee said. At that moment, the bell rang. "Let's just go to class." Zee said. She then walked off, and the others merely shrugged their shoulders and followed her.

*

Zee was silent the whole school day. It may seem she was just sad because she just can't converse with Richard, but it was more than that. She just couldn't feel happy if she got to talk to her other friends and ignore one. So, she tried not to talk to George and Zuzy as much as she could because she really didn't want to show bias. She also wasn't sure how long she had to keep this up, but she hoped not for long.

Zee being extremely quiet had led to many theories of what had happened amongst Pony, Zizzy, Zuzy, George and Richard.

Zizzy thought Zee had climbed back into her shell somehow, and didn't want to be more outspoken anymore. On the other hand, Pony, Zuzy and George thought something happened to Zee's academic marks, or she could be falling into depression from an unknown cause. And Richard thought he had done something wrong or had hurt the zebra's feelings.

None of the theories are right, of course. None of them are anywhere close to what Zee was facing. She, in fact, was getting blackmailed.

*

What had happened on that day was technically the same every other day. It went on and on for a week until one day, Zee finally snapped.

That morning, as usual, Rowen dragged her to the same lonely corner and asked the same question. Instead of replying her with 'Yeah...' or 'Yes, of course', Zee stayed silent.

"Hello?! Answer me!" Rowen said angrily. Zee looked at her coldly. "I'm sick of keeping up with this crap! Let me tell you this honestly," she said, her usual cold tone more obvious than ever. 

"I don't think Richard will ever get with you. You're absolutely not his type, and why would he date someone who blackmails his friend? I think you should just stop this dumb plan of yours and leave me and my friends alone," Zee said, calmly but restraining her anger. 

Rowen's face was beyond anger. She lunged at Zee. But before she could hurt Zee, Zee immediately punched her in the stomach, sending her sprawling to the floor.

Before Rowen could get up, Zee gave her a black eye. "Ow!" she exclaimed loudly. 

Zee could have gone on for days, using the robin as a punching bag. But she froze when a familiar voice said, "Zee...what's happening...?"

Zee turned around and gasped. Standing there, in utter bewilderment, was none other than Richard himself.