Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Note :The conversations written in italic were the conversations they had in the past.

"Rach, come on. We're going to be late." Ross hurried Rachel that morning.

It was Monday morning, their first day at work after taking a few days off for the moving. Since they were now living in a suburban area, they had to go to work early in the morning and dropped Emma off at a daycare near their office.

"Just a minute!" Rachel yelled from upstairs.

Ross sighed as he put Emma's shoes on. "Mommy can be very grumpy in the morning, isn't she Emma?" He asked the three years old.

"Mm-hmm." Emma giggled and nodded. Even their little girl knew not to bother her mother early in the morning.

"Alright, alright." Rachel said as she rushed her way downstairs. "I'm done. Let's go." She grabbed Emma's bag meanwhile Ross had Emma on his arms.

Since they were running late today, Rachel was the one behind the steering wheel, much to Ross' dismay. He had to admit though, after having Emma she became more careful whenever she drove a car. But still, she was way faster than he was.

"It's your turn to pick Emma up today, right?" She asked as they drove their way to the city. "Because I have to meet the girls after work. Monica keeps insisting on starting the wedding planning."

"Uh-huh. I'll pick her up after work." He replied as he took a look at Emma who was now fast asleep on her car seat. "Do you want me to pick you up after?"

"Nah. It's going to take a while, I'll take the train. You know how Monica can be when it comes to planning a wedding." She gave him a look and he let out a chuckle remembering the last time Monica planned a wedding for Phoebe and Mike.

"Yeah, I know." He replied. "But I thought Phoebe is going to be your maid of honor."

"She is, but since Phoebe is pregnant, Monica offers to help."

Phoebe was seven months pregnant so it would be hard for her to run an errand here and there, preparing for the wedding. Ross and Rachel decided to get married on their anniversary of her getting off the plane, May 4th in their backyard. It was going to be a simple ceremony as they both agreed on. Rachel already had her big wedding even though she didn't get to walk down the aisle, meanwhile Ross, let's just say he was tired of having a big wedding.

What mattered for the couple was their daughter, family, and close friends would be there to witness their vows for each other.

"Oh right." Ross started. "How far along is she?"

"Seven months." Rachel smiled as she took a quick glance over her fiancé.

Ross gave Rachel a grin.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, feeling his eyes over her.

"You know.." He started. "Emma kept asking for a little sister the other day."

"Oh, no no no.." Rachel quickly replied. "We'll have that talk after the wedding. I don't want to look fat on my wedding day."

"Well, then you're going to be the one to break the news to our little girl." He said, toying with her. "She even has the name ready for her little sister."

Rachel's face perked at this. She knew Emma wanted a little sister, but she thought it was just a phase because most of Emma's classmates had one. But knowing Emma already thought of a name, she had to admit, she was intrigued. "She did? What is it?"