Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It was Sunday morning in the Green-Geller household. The wedding was just around the corner, a week to be precise and Rachel was feeling restless for some reason.

"Ross?" Rachel called her fiancé's name as she emerged into the kitchen where Ross was making breakfast for the family. "Have you called the caterer about the thing we talked about the other day?"

"Uh-hmm." Ross said as he flipped a pancake. "I called them yesterday."

"Okay." She said softly. "What about Joey? Do you know his flight details? Should we send someone to pick him up at the airport? I mean you know him. He easily gets distracted and gets lost."

Ross knew she was being restless as they neared the wedding. She had been doing this for the entire week. Double checking everything to make sure everything was perfect. But he wasn't going to complain. He loved how she cared so much about their wedding.

Unlike Rachel, Ross sounded unbothered by the fact that their wedding was just around the corner. Maybe it just hadn’t hit him yet or maybe because he did this plenty of time before. Or maybe, since they were already living together and had a daughter, it was almost if they were already a married couple and the ceremony was just there to make it official.

Either way, though he wasn’t exactly feeling nervous for the wedding, it didn’t stop him from wanting the wedding days to come faster. He even counted days to be officially married to Rachel in his head.

This marriage was after all that one marriage he was sure as hell would last. He’d make sure of that.

"Let's see. He's flying on Friday and Chandler will pick him up at the airport. He will be staying with Monica and Chandler until after the wedding." He paused. "Though, I don't know when he will be back to L.A. Do you want me to find out?"

"Can you do that please?" She asked hopefully.

"Sure. I'll give him a call."

"Thanks." She gave him a smile.

Ross turned the stove off and gave her a hug.

"Hey.." He held her chin up. "Everything is going to be perfect. Don't worry."

"I know." She let out a heavy sigh. "I don't even know why I'm feeling like this. Like something bad is going to happen. I mean, it’s us. It always happened to us. Y’know?"

And she wasn’t being irrational about it. When it came to their relationship, things seemed like never going smoothly between them. There was Julie, the list, then their break up, the letter, Bonnie, Emily, and even Joey. Only after she got off the plane that they were finally on the same page and nothing was between them. So now, it was only natural for her to have that kind of fear.

The fear of losing him.

It would be unbearable and it would crush her now more than ever if that ever happened, she was sure of that. They were now closer than ever, she even forgot how it was like waking up not by his side every morning, and of course she didn’t want to find out.

“I think we already had enough bad things happen to us for the past eleven years, don’t you think?” She gave him a small nod. “And the thing is, we’re not the same Ross and Rachel like we used to be.”

They did have a lot of unpleasant things happen in their past. It wasn’t all necessarily bad, some gave them important and valuable lessons, like their break up for example. But some were devastating, like last year for example, when Rachel lost her dad. But either way, in the end they made it through all that and it brought them up to this point.