Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Thanksgiving, 2006.

Rachel sighed as she leaned her head back into the couch, her feet propped into her husband's lap whilst her hands rested securely around her swollen belly. Thanksgiving dinner had been perfect, a true masterpiece from none other than their own private chef, Monica. Since the first year Rachel came to the city, Thanksgiving dinner at Monica's had been their yearly tradition and this year was no exception. Monica had outdone herself this year by managing to successfully hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for the whole gang - including their respective loved ones. There were fourteen people at the dinner tonight including the kids which was seated on their designated kids table led by Ben - much to his dismay - and Monica ended it perfectly with her signature pumpkin pies as dessert.

Rachel felt like her stomach was about to explode anytime soon, she was so stuffed to the point moving from the couch was out of question for now. That was why it was Ross' job to take care of her while she was relaxing on the couch, surrounded by their friends as the kids were down for the night. They all decided to make this year's Thanksgiving into a sleepover as it was the first time in a year since the whole gang hung out together as a full group, including Joey who had flown back to New York the day before to join the reunion.

"How was the trip to Milan?" Mike asked Ross and Rachel after they had all agreed to plan a trip together sometime next year to California to visit Joey and take the kids to Disneyland.

Rachel shared a smile with her husband.

The trip to Milan had been wonderful, it was like they were closer than ever thanks to it. Having to take care of their toddler, the pregnancy, and their demanding job had somehow taken a toll on their relationship - even though it was something they hadn't realized before the trip. It turned out that lately, they found out that they hadn't communicated really well with each other. They did talk - of course, but their talk was mainly focused either on the kids, the baby, or their house chores. They didn't make time to talk to each other like they used to anymore and their last day in Milan gave them just that.

She had seriously kept her promise to Ross when on the last morning before they had to fly back home to New York they decided to stay in the hotel because she had been feeling more exhausted than she normally was. Together, they took precaution and instead  of spending their last day in Milan going shopping and dine in a romantic restaurant like they had previously planned, they spent their day bundled in blankets in the warmth of their hotel room.

Thanks to it, for the first time in months, they finally had the time to have a deep talk with each other without having any sorts of interruptions. They talked about a lot of things that night, including more about his biggest fears which eventually led them into a fight the month before. As he poured his heart out to her that night, Rachel couldn't help but be touched by how deep his love was for her and their children. There was no doubt in her heart that there was no other man that was a better fit for her and no one could've made her happier other than Ross.

"It was wonderful." Rachel sighed and answered dreamily as she sent a warm smile with her husband. Their loving gaze met and it was both soft and tender, making their friends' lips turn into a smile as they watched them.

"Hmmm.." Ross agreed. "It was almost like our second honeymoon, except for the fact that I barely saw the bride there." Ross said jokingly.

Rachel frowned. "I was working."

"I know." He scooted over to kiss her pouty lips. "And I'm not complaining."

She sighed, still pouting. "You sound like it."