Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Note :The conversations written in italic were the conversations they had in the past.

May 5th, 2006

The day before the wedding.

Rachel took a last look at her reflection in the mirror after she put on her jewelry for the night. She played the pendant on her necklace with her fingers and smiled, thinking back the day Ross gave it to her on the first birthday she ever celebrated after they became a couple.

She was so glad she didn’t exchange that gift. All along it was stored safely in her 'Ross Box', but for a special night like tonight, she wanted to wear this piece of jewelry.

It sort of reminded her of the journey they had to make in order for them to be where they were today.

It was one hell of a ride, but in the end, if you asked her, she would say it was all worth it.

Today was special not only because today was the day before they would officially become a husband and wife, but today was also her birthday. Rachel made Ross promise not to make a big deal of her birthday today, so instead, the family of four-including Ben, celebrated Rachel’s birthday with a breakfast in a local diner with a stack of pancakes as her birthday cake.

It was so far, the best birthday she ever had. It was so intimate and being there with her own family brought so much joy for her. That was how much she loved being around Ross and their kids.

“That’s what all I need for my birthday this year.” She whispered to Ross as the soon-to-be-married couple watched Emma giggled at the magic trick Ben was showing her. “This is perfect.” She said softly before she let out a satisfied sigh.

“Oh, really?” Ross asked, teasing her. “Well, I guess I have to return this.” He said before taking out a small mint box wrapped in a white ribbon and put it at the table.

“Well, I wasn’t going to say no to that.” She said before snatching the present out of his hands, gaining a chuckle from him. She unwrapped the present and her eyes were glistening with so much happiness, it triggered a huge smile out of him. “This is so beautiful. Thank you so much.” She said  before giving him a kiss he very much deserved.

A warm set of hands wrapped around her waist and knowing who it was, it made her smile.

“You look so beautiful tonight.” He whispered into her ear, making her smile go wider if that was even possible.

“Mmm..” She said softly. “You don’t look so bad yourself.”

They both stared into their reflection in the mirror, swinging side to side with his hands still embracing her middle, couldn’t believe that they actually made it this far.

Ross and Rachel finally ended their saga in a marriage. Like, finally.

Ross gave his bride a kiss on her cheeks and soon after, he realized she was wearing the necklace he thought she already exchanged.

“Is this?” He asked and then he held the pendant on his hand as so many memories rushed into his head. So many beautiful memories of their past.

He remembered the day he bought that piece of jewelry. It was the first birthday they celebrated together and he wanted to make it special. After numerous trips to jewelry shops around Manhattan, he finally found the one.

She nodded and smiled. “It is.”

He turned her around so that he could take a good look at her. The necklace he gave her looked so perfect around her neck.