Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Note : The words written in italic were the conversations they had in the past.

Rachel held a cup of hot tea in her hands as she stared through the window of their hotel room. It was in the middle of the night, the rain was falling as the lights illuminating the whole city in some sort of magnificent way. From the window, she could easily spot The Eiffel Tower standing a little bit far away in the background, surrounded by all the gorgeous architecture amongst it. She made a mental note to thank Ross for booking this hotel room with such a wonderful view.

This must’ve cost him a fortune, something Ross Geller rarely did. But of course, he’d done his best to plan this honeymoon and she was so grateful for that. It wasn’t the fact that he was willing to pay much more for this hotel room, but more like the efforts he had put in the entire trip.

The day after their wedding, he surprised her with a tour to Italy. Their trip began thirteen days ago in the city of Rome. They spent three days in Rome, marveling at all the great architecture in that city. They went to almost all the famous tourist attractions, including The Colosseum, The Pantheon, touring the City of Vatican, and of course Trevi Fountain-this was on Rachel’s bucket list after she saw it in one of the movies she watched. They, of course like pretty much anyone else there, each also tossed a coin inside the fountain, hoping that one day they could go back here. Taking the train to Florence from Rome, they spent another three days in Florence and Tuscany. They made sure to enjoy the cities and its food before finally heading off into their third and final destination of their tour to Italy, Venice.

When she thought they were flying home, Ross gave her another round of surprise when it turned out he had booked a flight to Paris for them, extending their honeymoon into a full two weeks trip.

“I know you always wanted to visit Paris even back when we first dated. Paris is your dream city, so I figured, we can’t just go to Europe without making a little detour to Paris.” He answered honestly when she confronted him about the sudden trip.

She was touched by his gestures. She had always wanted to go to Paris, but after she decided to turn down the job in Paris two years ago, it seemed like bringing up the topic of Paris made her feel uncomfortable for some reason she couldn’t figure out why. But even so, Paris had always been one of the cities she wanted to visit.

She had always thought Paris was a beautiful city. She loved how in Paris, all the buildings, the people, and the ambience, everything about them made the city so romantic. And the fashion! She could’ve sworn Ross would certainly flip after seeing their credit card bills the following month. But again, she was in Paris! Of course doing a shopping spree was a must! They literally spent an entire day just shopping in Avenue des Champs Elysées.

They spent their second day in Paris with museum sightings as he requested and she wasn’t really mind. During their trip to several museums like The Louvre Museum for example, he couldn’t stop amaze her when he explained in such detail about the famous masterpieces displayed there. She always thought he only knew stuff about dinosaurs, but on this trip, she learnt so much more she previously didn’t know about him.

And today, on their last day in Paris, they decided to just go on a picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower and decided that they’d go wherever their feets would take them. During dinner time, when they were about to find a restaurant to dine in, they accidentally passed the office building of Louis Vuitton.

She quickly stopped her track when she saw the building in front of her. That building was supposed to be her office if she ever took that job in Paris, if she never turned down the offers. Only after he realized she wasn’t walking beside him anymore, he looked back to find her eyes fixated on one particular building.