Chapter 15

Chapter 15

After taking a relaxing bath, Rachel put on her fluffy white robe and dried her damp hair with a towel before making her way to the bedroom. It had been a rather stressful day for her and she was thankful that her husband had volunteered to put down their daughter into bed tonight. Emma could be really chatty at night, especially after a day like today, when Ross previously gave their daughter a few scoops of ice cream, Rachel hadn’t agreed to. She had told him not to give her too much sugar because it would make it harder to put their daughter to sleep at night and judging by her daughter’s cheerful babble coming out from the baby monitor, she was right after all.

Rachel came closer to the source of the noises and she smiled when she heard her husband had a hard time to make their daughter stop jumping on the bed from the baby monitor.

“Emma, stop jumping!” Ross’ voice could be heard through the baby monitor. “What did mommy and daddy tell you about jumping on the bed?” He let out a heavy sigh, clearly frustrated because their daughter wouldn’t listen. “Come on, let’s get ready to sleep.”

Judging by Ross’ voice, she immediately knew how desperate and tired he was. They both had a long day at work, so he was probably as bit as tired as she was right now, but unfortunately, it wasn’t the same case for their cheerful four-years-old daughter. Emma was still full of energy even when it was already an hour past her usual bedtime. It was probably mean, but Rachel was secretly enjoying this a little bit. Well okay, not a bit, more like she was enjoying this a lot. Ross had to learn to say ‘no’ to their daughter at some point and he might learn a lesson or two tonight.

“No!” Emma’s voice came, followed by a giggle after. “I don’t wanna go to sleep!”

Rachel laughed at Ross’ miserable attempt to put their daughter into sleep, but chose not to interfere anyway. She was very adamant for Ross to learn his lesson tonight. At least now he knew what too much sugar could’ve done to an already active kid, like Emma.

Half an hour later, she was reading her book, leaning her body against the headboard when the door of their master bedroom opened, revealing an exhausted and overwhelmed Ross. Their eyes locked and he groaned.

“Don’t say it.”

She put down her book on the night stand and tried her best to bite back her laugh. Instead, she tilted her head to the side. “Say what?”

“I know what you’re going to say. Just don’t say it.” He huffed and quickly undressed himself, changing into a pair of worn t-shirts and stripped down into his boxer. He then threw himself into the bed and buried his face on her lap.

She smiled and gave him a quick kiss on top of his head, knowing he had known she was right and he was wrong without having him admit it out loud. He sighed from her gesture and laid on his back with his face facing her as she looked down into him and offered him a grin.

“I have to chase her and put her back into bed four times before she finally gives up.” Ross admitted dejectedly. “I don’t know how such a tiny person can have such energy.”

She giggled. “Well.. You better get used to it, because in just a few months, every time Ben comes over, we will be outnumbered.”

Ross smiled goofily despite her attempts. “I can’t wait..” He mumbled as his hand found its way into her abdomen. They shared a smile when her hand landed on top of his, loving this intimate moment they shared with each other. “I can’t wait to meet this little one.”

“Me neither..” She murmured.

The thought of having three children could be scary, even for them. But it didn’t mean that they weren’t excited about it. They both were looking forward to the day when they’d bring their little addition to the family home, introducing her/him to their older sister and brother.