Chapter 2: Press Start to Despair (Daily Life)

Papyrus woke up in his bed to the usual morning announcement. He still blamed himself for Clementine's death, and now a kid could've died because of him.

Papyrus: (What is this? How can a situation be so bad that The Great Papyrus can't stay positive)

He heard a knock on his door, but he didn't say anything. He just wanted to be alone, he couldn't face them. How could he?

???: Hey Paps, it's me Travis. Nobody knows what to say to you, but I am going to be honest with you. We can all say that it's not your fault for what happened to Clem, it's that bear's. And while that is the truth, it's not going to make you feel any better. So here is what I am going to tell you, I blame myself for Waluigi dying. I just had to walk into the bathroom and both he and Clem would still be alive. So, basically both of their deaths are my fault.

Papyrus: W-wait, then how are you still out there? Facing everyone

Travis: Heh, I'm the Ultimate Assassin. I kill people in all types of brutal ways to make money, so that shit doesn't faze me. You just got to know, you may have figured out she killed Waluigi. But at least it happened by something you did, and not something you didn't do.

Papyrus thought about what Travis said, he was right. While he figured out the truth, if he didn't then everyone would've died because of him. He stood up out of the bed and opened the door

Travis: Glad I could get through to you, now come on. We are all waiting on you to eat breakfast

Papyrus: Right, let's eat and find a way out! For both Clementine and Waluigi!

Travis: That's the spirit dude!

Papyrus and Travis walked to the cafeteria where nearly everyone looked at him

Sans: Paps! You're out!

Papyrus: Yes, Travis was able to help

Travis: He just needed someone who has experience with this kind of shit.

Toriel: Oh good, you are up Papyrus! Now, I know we've waited a while. But before we eat, I want to show you all something.

Toriel lead them all to a table with a cloth pulled over it

Toriel: I realized that we aren't exactly all in a cheery mood. But I'm sure neither Waluigi or Clementine would want us to just sulk and do nothing because they died. So, I spent all night making this. I even had to beg Monokuma to let me do this. I hope you all feel better after this!

Toriel pulled the cloth away, revealing paintings of Waluigi and Clementine. Each with their hats in front of them. Waluigi had a thumbs up, a cocky yet caring smile with one of his eyes closed. Clementine's smile was more soft and caring, she seemed to be smiling at somebody else's antics.

Pit: WOAH! Did you draw these Toriel?

Toriel: Oh, no I didn't! I am not a very good artist, I begged Monokuma to make these for me. Even to get Waluigi's hat. I figured we could all use reminders of what they were like, to get us through these times.

Pit: Wow, this was really sweet of you Toriel!

Papyrus: Thank you Queen Dreemurr. I am positive that if they were both here with us now. That they would love it!

Dark Pit: Heh, you fool. This only makes you an easier target. In this game, the softer you are the easier it is kill you

Crypto: I wouldn't agree with an earthling, but he is right. We can't be getting a long like this, it will just make it easier to stab each other in the back