Chapter 5: Hope's Lagging Behind (Trial)

The elevator stopped, everyone walking out while glaring at each other angrily.

Gary: Ok, which one of you killed Toriel?!

Samus: Like they are going to come out and say it. We need to figure this out, like always.

Zelda: Well, where should we start this time?

Papyrus: That's a good question, there are so many layers to this mystery.

Sly: Why don't we look at the clues and discuss from there.

Papyrus: Great idea Sly! (Which one of these clues are the most confusing?)

DENTS IN WASHING MACHINE
PURPLE FABRIC
TORIEL'S DYING MESSAGE

Papyrus: I think we should start with the dents in the Washing Machine first.

Dark Pit: I agree, they are confusing.

NON-STOP DEBATE START!

Gary: What's so confusing about them?

Sly: You can't tell?

Gary: It's obvious. The killer bashed her head in until she died!

Dark Pit: I suppose that does make sense.

Samus: Then this was over quicker than expected.

Gary: Try not to waste time again Paps.

Papyrus: (Gary says the cause of death was blunt force trauma, but it's clearly wrong.)

Gary: Gary: It's obvious. The killer bashed her head in until she died!

Papyrus: THAT ISN'T IT!

Monokuma File Number 5

BREAK

Papyrus: No Gary, that it isn't it.

Gary: Huh? What do you mean?

Papyrus: The Monokuma File says that Toriel died by a stab to the back. And if you look at Toriel's dress, there is a hole in the back of it. Making it clear she was stabbed.

Sly: So there's still more mystery.

Zelda: Why would the killer bash Toriel's head in and then stab her?

Dark Pit: Maybe the killer was trying to create a red herring. Seems like something the traitor would do.

Samus: Wait, traitor?

Papyrus: That's right! Dark Pit and Zelda both found Evidence that proves it was the traitor who did it!

Dark: Yeah, there is a hidden entrance to the laundry room

Zelda: And a hidden exit to the study, if nobody saw the killer go in after Toriel then I think it's safe to assume they went through the hidden exit.

Gary: And what makes you so sure it was the traitor?

Zelda: Well, I tried to investigate the exit but Monokuma told me that only he was allowed. And I'm pretty sure that would go for the traitor as well.

Monokuma: YUP! Only me and the traitor are allowed to go through those!

Sly: So, the traitor killed Tori. But who is the traitor?

Zelda: Well, I'm sure we can figure it out if we look at the evidence.

Sly: Well if that's the case, I can narrow down the traitor

Papyrus: That's right, Sly saw the killer leave the laundry room.

Sly: And they looked human, meaning that Papyrus, Dark Pit and me are safe.

Dark Pit: So it comes down to Gary, Zelda and Samus.