Chapter 2: Press Start to Despair (Deadly Life)

Papyrus just stood there, eyes filling with tears. His own brother, now just a pile of dust. He couldn't do anything but yell

Papyrus: NOOOO! S-SANS! BROTHER!

Papyrus finally moved and ran to his dead brother, kneeling and hugging his jacket. Then Sly and Zelda ran in.

Sly: Papyrus! Wha- Oh no….

Zelda: I-it can't be, not a-another one…

*Ding Dong, Bing Bong"

Monokuma: A body has been discovered! Clean up cre- Uh I mean all students please report to the band room!

Papyrus: W-why would anyone do this?

Sly: Paps, Yo-

Papyrus: N-no! I know what I have to do! T-this will be tough, b-but I am going to find out who killed my brother!

Everyone else ran in

Pit: Ok, wh- No, Sans..

Toriel: I-it can't be t-true…

Travis: Damnit!

Gary: They really killed this dude, he and Paps kept our hopes up high…

Papyrus: We need to find the truth! He wouldn't want us to wallow over his death! He would want us to wear a smiler bigger than his and find out who did this!

Murray: Yeah! Let's keep our heads high!

Phoenix: Before we start, let's figure out our guards.

Samus: I'll guard this time

Murray: I'll guard as well, you ready Sly?

Sly: Actually big guy, I want to do some investigating. Maybe you should start forming some new bonds

Crypto: I'll guard this time. Don't get the wrong idea, I just don't want to die.

Maya: Well, we figured out the guards then we have to figure out who killed Sans!

Monokuma: HOLD ON! Monokuma File time! Here is the second one!

Monokuma threw the files at them, and they all catched them.

Gary: I was hoping we wouldn't get another one of these…

Toriel: I don't think any of us were…

Papyrus: (Now one of us killed my brother. I have to figure out who did this! Not only to avenge Sans. But to save all of us!)

*INVESTIGATION START!*

Papyrus: Alright, we should read the Monokuma File first

Monokuma File: The Victim was Sans. He died in the Band Room at 5:30 pm.

Gary: This one seems a bit more bare to the last one

Monokuma: Well yeah, I can't always give you all the info. There has to be some more mystery every once in a while!

Travis: Greeeeat…

Papyrus: (This info may be small, but I should still keep it in mind)

*Monokuma File Number 2 Added to Truth Bullets*

Papyrus: (Alright, now for the hard part. Searching his body)

Papyrus hesitantly began looking through the pockets on Sans's hoodie. There he found 2 notes.

Papyrus: Huh? Why would Sans have 2 notes on him?

The First note read "Sans, meet me in the band room at 5 AM or your brother dies."

Papyrus: (So he went here to save me? But they knew he would, so they killed him. But didn't he die at 5:30 AM. I should definitely remember this)

*Strange Note 1 Added to Truth Bullets*

Papyrus: What does this second note say?

The Second Note read "5:28 AM"

Papyrus: (Why are these notes saying different times? Yup, these are extremely important)

*Second Notes Added to Truth Bullets*

Papyrus: Now for the hardest parts…

Papyrus unzipped Sans's hoodie to see his T-Shirt, splattered in Ketchup?

Papyrus: (Huh? Ketchup? Sans sure did love that stuff. But no way this can't be a clue.)

**Ketchup Splatter Added to Clues*

Papyrus: I think that is all I can find on Sans's body..I wonder if anyone else has found anything.

Papyrus walked to the guards, see if they seen any suspicious behavior

Papyrus: Hey you three. I was wondering if you have seen anything weird

Crypto: Actually, I have. Dark Pit slid a note under Sans's door shortly after the motive yesterday

Papyrus: Hmmm, maybe I should check there next. Thanks a lot Crypto!

Crypto just stayed silent as Papyrus went to leave the room when he noticed something weird

*Çrypto's Account Added to Truth Bullets*

Papyrus: Huh? Is this Monster Dust? No way he could've been dragged.

Papyrus saw there was residue all around the room

Papyrus: (Hmmm, I should keep this in mind. This is a huge clue for sure!)

*Monster Dust Residue Added to Truth Bullets*

Papyrus looked more around the room.

Gary: Huh? That's weird?

Papyrus: What is?

Gary: The instruments, they are all knocked over and switched around and stuff.

Papyrus: Wait! You're right, do you think the Blackened did this?

Gary: Nah, definitely a struggle from when they were fighting. No doubt in my mind

Papyrus: (But that makes no sense, if they did fight Sans wouldn't last long, seeing as he dies in one hit.)

*Rearranged Instruments Added to Truth Bullets*

Papyrus: (I think that is all I could find in this room. I should go look by Sans's foor)

The tall skeleton went down to Sans's door, and on his way he saw black feathers all the from the band room to Dark Pit's room

Papyrus: (Huh? Weird, who all has feathers? Maybe I will see it in the trial. For now, I should keep these in mind)

*Black Feathers Added to Truth Bullets*

*Ding Dong, Bing Bong*

Monokuma: Attention students! It is now time for the Class Trial! Please head to the gym as soon as you can

Papyrus: (I need to get one thing)

Papyrus ran back up to the bandroom, he grabbed Sans's hoodie and put it on him. He was ready. He went to the elevator, where nearly everyone smiled at him.
It then started to move, the air feeling heavy and thin.

Papyrus: (Now, I have to find out who murdered Sans. He was always telling bad jokes, but he was just distracting himself from this situation. He may have been lazy, but he was kind once you got to know him. He was a real friend. But now, one of us murdered him. So I will remain focused and on point! To save us all and avenge my brother!)