Chapter 5: Hope's Lagging Behind (Daily Life)

Papyrus woke up to the usual announcement. The feeling of Despair definitely hit harder this time. But, he knew he had to stay Determined.

Papyrus: (Stay Determined, look where that has got us. We've been doing that since the beginning, and now only 7 of us are left.)

Despite what he said, he got up from his bed and went to the cafeteria. Maybe the new photos could help him feel motivated.

Sly: Oh, hey Paps.

Papyrus: Hi Sly…

Gary: Ok, something is definitely up with you Papyrus. I haven't seen you like this since after the first trial. Even after Sans died, you were still cheery.

Papyrus stayed quiet and looked at the table expecting two new pictures, and he was right.

First off was Murray, it seems like he was hugging someone off-screen as his arms were off of the camera and he had a friendly smile on his face. Definitely the same Murray they all have known. Friendly with a child-like innocence. And laying neatly in front of his photo was his Mask.

Next was Maya, she had the biggest smile that you could ever see as she looked like she was jumping up and throwing confetti. She seemed to be filled with joy and excitement. In Front of Maya's picture was her Magatama.

These pictures of these two at their most cheerful made a tiny smile appear on Papyrus's face

Zelda: Good morning everyone!

Sly: What's good about it?

Papyrus: He's right, yesterday two more of our friends died. And now there are only 7 of us left.

Gary: Yeah, I am starting to think we will never get out of here…

Toriel: No! We shouldn't give up! Stay Determined and we can get out of here!

Dark Pit: Yeah, and look how far that has got us?

Toriel: Everyone else killed because they gave up and resorted to murder to get out.

Samus: And what about Travis and Sans? Last I checked, Travis killed Sans on accident, and out of anger as well.

Papyrus: That was… because Sans didn't listen to me. I told him we should trust everyone here, but ever since he met him Sans distrusted Travis. And so he died because he didn't trust Travis.

Dark Pit: And why would he trust anyone here but you and Toriel? You two are the only ones he knows.

Samus: Papyrus is still right, if Sans trusted Travis and believed him about Dark Pit both of them would still be here. And who knows, maybe everyone else who died after them would also be here right now.

Gary: Like I said, Dark Pit is the traitor. If it wasn't for him, everyone else would still be alive.

Dark Pit: Shut up you fucking idiot! Do you not pay attention, or are you too blind by your own ego to see the evidence points to anyone but me being the traitor?!

Papyrus: He's right Gary, the traitor can't be him.

Gary: How do you know?

Papyrus: Because, as much as Dark Pit denies it. He has someone he does miss.

Toriel: You noticed it too?

Zelda: Wait, really? Who is it?

Toriel: It was Pit.

Dark Pit: Why would I miss that idiot?

Papyrus: Because he was the only person in here you could trust. The only one you knew going into this.