seven.

My dad took the sun with him when he left. He took it and now my world is a dark and rainy place. The only small ray of sunshine that's left, is Nora. She's my reason. For everything. Without her, I don't think I'd still be here. This may sound really dark, but I mean it. I mean it with everything I have. After my dad died, she'd call me every day to make sure I was okay, and when I wasn't, twenty minutes later, she'd stand in front of my door. We'd sit together in my bed, my head resting on her chest while she tells me to stay strong. 'Please, stay strong. I need you.'

"Hey, Bil!", Nora shouts when we see Billie in the distance. She's sitting on a blanket on the ground. There's some delicious food and drinks and she took a music box with her. Nora walks toward her and gives her a hug. I can see her smell Billie's hair real quick. This girl.

They pull away again and Billie immediately looks at me. Every time we make eye contact I swear I can't breathe. "Hey, you", she says softly. I smile. "How are you?"

"Better." She nods. "You?"

"I'm okay."

"Good." We stare at each other for a while until we get interrupted by Nora.

"Hey, Meg? Isn't that your brother?" I look behind me and see my brother sitting on a bench.

"Jesus fucking christ", I mumble under my breath. "I'll be right back." I walk toward him and sit down on the bench. "What the hell are you doing here, Jason?"

"Meg, hey." I raise my eyebrows, waiting for him to answer my question. He doesn't say anything, he just looks down at his lap.

"Are you following me?"

"What? No. What makes you think that?"

"Well, this is literally the least popular area in whole LA and you are here the exact same moment I'm here as well? I'm not gonna give you money."

"I'm not just here for the money, Megan. I promise there's more to it."

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"I... miss you." I want to believe these words, I really do. But I can't. I just can't. I feel like he's using me and the minute I give him money, he will just fuck off again.

"I can't do this right now." I get up and try to walk away, but he stops me by grabbing me by my arm.

"No, Meg, please."

"I said.." I pull my arm out of his grip. "...I can't do this right now. I'm here with friends. We'll talk about it later, okay?" He simply nods.

-

"Shit", I hear Nora mumble when we're sitting in the park, enjoying each other's company. "I gotta go, I'm sorry."

"What? Why?", I ask worried. "What's wrong?"

"Don't worry about it, Meg. It's just.. something with mom." Nora's foster parents are the best foster parents she could ask for. After going through all these things with her biological parents she deserved to be part of a family that treats her with respect and shows her love. I'm so grateful to them. They're honestly one of the kindest people I've ever met. But, it hasn't been going so well with Nora's mom lately. She's been in the hospital a few times because of her heart. I literally don't care what happens to me next, just please, don't let Nora lose her mom. She does not deserve to go through that pain.